pantarei

Default Family Hughes Bushey, Watford

I was adopted in 1955 By Edward and Alexander Thompson but would like to find out something about my biological family.

My mother was Esme Vivian Hughes (Nee Chase)
    My Father was Henry Hughes (He was a coalman)
    And they lived at 10, The Bungalows, Aldenham Road, Bushey when I was born.

I was adopted on the 3rd of June 1957 so there must be someone in the Hughes family that know about me. From what I have picked up my mother died of TB when I was small and I had to given up for adoption. I was not an only child, I think there were a few more in the family and when my mother died there was nobody to look afte a small child.

All help is gratefully recieved

Vic Thompson

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by pantarei
    I was adopted in 1955 By Edward and Alexander Thompson but would like to find out something about my biological family.
    My Father was Henry Hughes (He was a coalman)
    I was not an only child, I think there were a few more in the family and when my mother died there was nobody to look after a small child.
    If you have elder siblings, then possibly Henry Hughes may have died. Have you tried searching for a will for him? This may mention your siblings.

Other than that, if you search the GRO index of births you should be able to locate any siblings as the mother's maiden name will be included in the entries in the index.

Search for the marriage of your biological parents and this will record their ages and should include their fathers' names. Search for the fathers' wills and this may mention your grandparents siblings and possibly their grandchildren (siblings and cousins to you).

It's a start to tracing your missing family. If you aren't sure how to locate the records and use them, just ask.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire