Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    A fountain of knowledge

Time to put this one to bed.
    I have found the funeral parlor where Howard passed through. Howard was cremated and his ashes posted to his step-mother in Montreal.
    From memory this father was cremated & scattered at MountPleasent so unlikely that he is with his father.

Looks like its the end of the road for this one - Many thanks again for all those that helped along this journey.

v.wells

I was just re-reading this thread as I was hunting for the Toronto Library link I gave Chisel. I was exhausted just reading about Howard and I am so glad Chisel found the ending to complete the story

A fountain of knowledge

And.....this one takes aff again. Got an email from Howard's niece in Canada. She has shared with me family photos and more including the fact that I had the wrong grandparents!
    The best thing about the internet is that it never forgets you.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    Howard James Markland was born Belgium 1929 possibly with English citizenship.
    I am told by his Canadian niece that he died Toronto abt 1974/5
    He lived with and was married to 1 of the follwing ladies, Joan, Jessica & Lemyne. No children from these relationships.
    He was a salesman for the Canadian Gypsum company.
    Mount Pleasent Group of Cemeteries have confirmed that he is not buried in their cemeteries.
    I have also searched the Toronto Star around 1972-1979 without success.
    His only family (dead brothers children are not able to give any more information).

I would greatly appreciate any help in locating this cousin.
    14 years too late to see your post but I was a friend of Howard Markland and worked with him after his Canadian Gypsum days for a computer retrieval spinoff created by the Canadian government. I was visiting him in hospital in Toronto up until 3 days before he died. I have much to say about my friend Howard who I miss greatly/but no sense typing aimlessly until we find out if you are even still alive. Will wait to see if anyone responds. Rick/Victoria Canada

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Woohoooo!!!!

Indeed, at least you will get the main particulars of place and marital status (I think) and if that's all you need you should be good to go.

It MIGHT also say something about funeral director/parlour that could be aclue to burial place -- I just forget and my long form ones are upstairs (three flights) so you'll forgive me if I don't leap up to get them...maybe tomorrow.
    is Chisel still looking for info on Howard Markland? Although 14 years since he was searching/I was a good friend of Howards right up until he died in 1976 Rick/victoria Canada

Chisel was last here in March last year, so don’t give up hope yet. If the email address in our membership database is still valid, he should have received a message saying that you have sent a reply, so be patient.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks I am new to all this and not totally savvy about navigating all this thread stuff but am learning If I had a phone or email address for this "Chisel" I would just crank out a letter or call him My experiences with Howard Markland are more than enough for a mini series or a book. Will take your advice and be patient Rick Barlett/Victoria Canada

Even the Moderators don’t have access to personal contact information, I’m afraid.

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Titannical View Post
    14 years too late to see your post but I was a friend of Howard Markland and worked with him after his Canadian Gypsum days for a computer retrieval spinoff created by the Canadian government. I was visiting him in hospital in Toronto up until 3 days before he died. I have much to say about my friend Howard who I miss greatly/but no sense typing aimlessly until we find out if you are even still alive. Will wait to see if anyone responds. Rick/Victoria Canada
    Hello Santa, YES I'm still alive!

Even though Howard is a remote cousin, I have because of the search to find his family cultivated a strong interest to find out what sort of chap he was.
    Please pm me so that we can swap email addresses.

Crikey has it been 14 years.

A fountain of knowledge

Hi Mary Anne & V.Wells,
    Hope you are both well. as you can see we are off again on our travels.

ps. Visited England in 2017 & caught up with another cousin who is the grandson of another person in a photo that I found.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456