Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

I have heard back from another cemetery Glen Oaks Memorial Gardens and their first burial was in 1981. so not there. He has suggested Springcreek and St. Johns Dixie.
    The Ontario GS is unable to help."The Ontario Genealogical Society is not able to be of much help with living or recently living persons. No census information is available yet in Canada after 1911, and in Ontario no birth information after 1911, or marriage information after 1926, or death registration information after 1936. Montreal events are recorded in Quebec, for which we deploy no expertise. A death in Ontario in 1974/75 would be registered in Ontario, and application could be made to the Ontario Registrar General for the death registration information. "

Will keep plodding along.......Mary Anne, The transcript search that you did would not have - I assume cremations?

Mary Anne

Chisel

Not sure whether cremations would be included or not...the transcriptions are mostly of M.I.s and so if there wasn't a monument, then there would be no listing, so they can give an incomplete picture.

I am disappointed that the OGS can't/won't help - I understand they can't with recent deaths but for goodness sake, they COULD look up directories (harrumph!).

I know there are Toronto directories at the Library and Archives Canada, here in Ottawa, and I will have a look the next time I am there. Just can't promise how soon that may be...

v.wells

My ***daughter hasn't the foggiest notion in her brain! I have sent an urgent email plea to another friend in Oakville and hopefully he will come thru. I told him I needed the info NOW

A fountain of knowledge

I am patient. I have been looking for this family for the last 3 years. Gt aunty thought that the 1st wife Grace died in Canada but I found her death in Belgium, no burial site found yet. The local GS researcher even found a picture of the house where she died! Luckily her husband notified the British consulate else I would never have found her.
    Nice to know that finally some local natives are working for me. Overseas research especially non English or counties with rigid privacy laws are damn difficult.

v.wells

Chisel

I know it's a snore, but my buddy will be going to the library Thurs and will look it up for me/you. Congrats on getting a photo of the house where Grace died.

v.wells

Smile

I have pm'd Chisel with a link to the Toronto Metro Library where they have set up an email request line for up to 3 searches in archived telephone directories. Apparently there are 99 libraries in the Greater Toronto area and this main Reference Library is now the holding site for all the old telephone directories.

We await with baited breath to hear what the results are. I was able to get this info from a contact in Oakville, my hometown in Ontario - another complete stranger to the rescue!

A fountain of knowledge

Wooooohoooooo Thanks for the tip Vanessa
    Here are the listings for Howard James MARKLAND in the 1974 and 1975 Toronto City Directory.
    -Howard industrial eng Cdn Gypsum h 507 4 Milepost Pl
    -Howard industrial sls eng Cdn Gypsum h4 Milepost Pl (EY) Apt 507

Googlemaps indicate that this is in East York which is no where near Mississauga or 10 miles as the crow flies.

Will get the library to further search 1976 onwards to see if his wife shows up.
    Also back to calling the cemeteries.

v.wells

Finally! Some good news. Can you search 1 more time - try 1976-8 for her.

Good show! I am glad I was finally able to help someone

Now I can post the link: https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/ask_adu_index.jsp - I wanted Chisel first crack at it!
    Last edited by v.wells; 23-07-2008 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Added link

Mary Anne

Wow! That's great Vanessa, good sleuthing!!!!

And it turns out he lives in East York. Well, who knew! so much for ASSumptions from me

A fountain of knowledge

DoDo...DoDo... getting closer.
    Only 3 cemeteries are near his house. 2 Mt Pleasent Group and 1 Catholic cemetery. I have requested Mt Pleasent to re-check their records for either a burial or cremation given the known search area and emailed the other for a search.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast