Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SallyRogers

Default Audlem - Looking for Buckley's

Does anyone have information on Buckley's form Audlem. It would be great to hear from you. I am looking for family who may be connected to Adam Buckley. His parents are William and Mary(Beckett) Buckley. He had siblings called Solomon, Samuel, Methuslah, David, Peter, Martha, Reuben. Possibly there could have also been Job. Adam married Sarah Tapley and their children were Alfred, James, William, Peter, Samuel and Mary. James married Amelia Broomfield and after her death he married Mary Timmis. James and Mary had children Thomas and Adam(Twins) Carey and Frank.
    Thank you for reading this!!! Sally.

Jan1954

Hello Sally,

Do you have any dates for the people in your post? Do you have them in the censuses?

SallyRogers

Hi Jan,
    Sorry about the lack of info'. Ok, so here goes with it. Your about to be bombarded!!
    William Buckley b. 1799 d.6/12/1858 m. 1820 ish
    Mary Beckett b. 1791 d.21/11/1866
    ------------
    Solomon b. 14/11/1825 m.1848 - Mary Ann Rathbone
    Samuel b. 1820 ish
    David b.1826/30
    Methuslah b. 1833 d. 1890ish
    Adam b. 1832 d.1909 m.1866 - Sarah Tapley(d.1896) -St.James. Audlem
    Peter b.1830 ish
    Reuben b. 1842
    Martha b. 1838
    ----------
    1871 Cen. Adam & Sarah lived @ Swanbach Cottage, Audlem. They had the following children.
    Alfred b. 1866 m. 1891 Amelia Taylor - Christ Church, Bradford
    James Buckley b. 1868 d. 1933 ish m. 1886/90 Amelia Broomfield (b.1869 d. 1900)
    m. Mary Timmis (b. 1878 d.1865ish)
    William b.1870
    Samuel b. 1872
    Peter b. 1878
    Mary b. 1885 m. 1908 - Thomas Wright - St.James, Audlem
    ---------
    Unsure if James and Amelia had a family, but I kow for certain that James and Mary did.
    Thomas & Adam (Twins) b. 1913
    Carey b.1915 d.2001 m. 1942 Mary Wallace
    Frank b.1917
    ----------
    Carey & Mary had children.
    Alice
    James
    Carey

Thanks for your reply and any help you may provide!!
    Sally.

Jan1954

On the IGI, there is a marriage for a William Buckley and Mary Beckett on 8th February 1819 in Wrenbury, Cheshire. However, this is member submitted and not taken from the Parish Records.

Have you visited the Cheshire Records Office? They should have the Wrenbury PRs for you to check.

SallyRogers

No, I've not tried the Cheshire Records Office yet. It's only a matter of time before I start to trace this family on foot. It would be nice, in time to come across some lost cousins. I get the feeling there may be some closer to home than we first thought. I've not made my findings widely known to close family yet. You never know whether some things are just left..... I'm assuming that's the right thing to do. With living in the area I'm searching it has made things alot easier - so far!
    Thank's for your suggestions.
    Sally.

Sandra Parker

Smile

Hi Sally,
    I think we may have 'met' on another forum. You seem to have more info than I, although I'm pretty well up on Solomon's family. Sent me a PM if you like and I'll reply.
    Sandra

Sandra Parker

Hi Sally,
    I think that this is the marriage for Adam and Sarah,
    Marriages Mar 1868 Buckley Adam Nantwich 8a 345 Tapley Sarah
    or do you have their marriage records which show it to be another date?

Sandra

SallyRogers

Hi Sandra
    At the moment the only idea of Adam & Sarah's marriage is from the Cheshire BMD index. It says Adam Buckley -> Sarah Tapley 1866/70 St.James Church, Audlem, and the ref. is 105/1/392. I'm guessing that the ref. number is that of the church records. I have found, that in the 1871 census they have a son, Alfred who is 5yrs. So going by this I would say they were married in 1866. But I have to admit your find does sound much more creditable.
    I'll get my head together and send you everything I know. I've asked my 'other half' to go on a local cemetary tour one day soon. Then I think it's time to start hounding the local vicar and burial chairman to see their records.
    I think I had a life once, before this started. Not quite sure where I left it??

Sandra Parker

what? You existed before you started this family searching business???

It seems we all had a life before we 'just thought we'd have a bit of a look and see what we could find'.

Mind you, what exciting things we would never have known and what interesting people we would never have 'met', as well as family we never knew existed.
    So, on balance, a very worthwhile use of time, I think.

As for the discrepancy between the date of a birth and the date of a marriage, it's really rather like the current marriage patterns are merely those of the C19th revisited. Marriage didn't always come first then either.
    Well, maybe it did in 'posh' society, but my lot don't seem to have belonged to that!
    Looking forward to hearing from you again,
    Sandra

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello sally. I have job buckley who married Martha machin. My father was Fred buckley. His father Henry buckley. His father William Buckley. His father job buckley. His father William buckley who married married Mary Beckett. Can you give me any information re Adam buckley. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast