Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debbie Bozkurt

Default Great Prisoner Web-site with Pictures

Just found this great web-site with some pictures and details of prisioners in Victorian days. Just found my Great Grandfather, only a petty criminal but.....

I am trying to get ready for work and search at the same time. Try it out you may be lucky.

https://vcp.e2bn.org/

Happy Hunting

Debs

busyglen

That is a fantastic site! I went to have a quick look and couldn't help doing a search for one of my husbands family names who were known as rogues, but nothing there I'm pleased to say! I've spent longer than I meant to as it's so interesting.

Glenys

Hi Debs,
    This is great. I think poor old Henry Catlin may be a distant relative too. Plenty of my relatives appear on it but sadly no photos.
    Angelaj

v.wells

Thumbs up

Wonderful site! Shocking justice system! Couldn't find any black sheep I have bookmarked it for further reading. Great find!

*bunty*

It is a great site! Didn't find any of my lot there though .

Famous for offering help & advice

I spent way too much time checking out this site today....
    Now-a-days their punishment would be major child abuse...... how old was that little girl in the Huntingdon gaol pictures? We really don't know how good we have it now. This is a super site...It's now added to my favourites. Thanks
    Sue

Clueless Gypsy

Here's another link convict researchers might find useful. These were taken at the Port Arthur convict settlement in 1874 by a private photograher.

Port Arthur convict images 1874

GC

Knowledgeable and helpful

What a great set of photos! not sure I would want to meet some of them face to face!!

sandie

brianb

I am trying to get ready for work and search at the same time. Try it out you may be lucky.

Debs[/QUOTE]

Great site Debs, and yes I often do that (search when getting ready to go to work, dinner, bed etc), addictive isnt it !

Brian

Woodlander

I've bookmarked it! Looks like I could be ages on there - many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast