Geordie Ken

Default Gray family who travelled from Dundee to London via Salford and Liverpool.

I am looking for any information about this family.

DAVID GRAY was born Abt. 1846 in Dundee. He married AGNES Abt. 1867. She was born Abt. 1849 in Scotland.

Their children were

DAVID P GRAY, b. Abt. 1868, Dundee.
    ANNIE GRAY, b. Abt. 1870, Dundee.
    GEORGE M GRAY, b. Abt. 1872, Scotland; married EMILY F; b. Abt. 1879, Tottenham. about 1900
    AGNES GRAY, b. Abt. 1874, Scotland.
    CHARLES GRAY, b. Abt. 1877, Salford.
    DOUGLAS GRAY, b. Abt. 1878, Salford.
    BESSIE GRAY, b. Abt. 1880, Liverpool.
    WALTER GRAY, b. Abt. 1882, Liverpool.
    HAROLD VICTOR GRAY, b. Abt. 1885, Liverpool.
    ESTER MARGARET GRAY, b. Abt. 1889, Liverpool.
    MABEL GRAY, b. Abt. 1894, Liverpool.

DAVID P GRAY married ELIZABETH Abt. 1893. She was born Abt. 1870 in Liverpool.

Their children included

ELSIE H GRAY, b. Abt. 1895, Liverpool.
    MABEL O GRAY, b. Abt. 1897, Liverpool.
    JANET B GRAY, b. Abt. 1900, Litherland, Lancashire.

Wirral

Hi Geordie Ken

My family also came from Angus to Liverpool, though much more recently than yours.

What sort of inforamtion are you looking for? As you only have approximate dates, I am assuming that you have no birth or marriage certificates yet for this family. That should be first on your list. If you are near Liverpool then you can look at the marriages in the church registers at Liverpool Central Library.
    Let us know if you do not know how to get copies of certificates.

Geordie Ken

Default Poor copy of a Birth Record

Hi Wirral

At present, I gave the only information I have. My specific interest is Agnes b 1874. She was my Gt. Grandmother. The record of my Grandfathers birth Certificate that I purchased was cut off immediately under the names, unfortunately the handwriting drifted below the line and this made “Gray” look like “Grief” and I have spent some time fruitlessly chasing Agnes Grief. A distant relative who examined the handwriting on the page identified the problem. Everything then fell into place, including her marriage. Although the family moved round, David Gray was a Customs Officer; they were never close to where I live. I now have a few loose ends in Scotland that need investigation and may well invest a few pennies in “Scotland’s People”.

Wirral

According to the IGI on www.familysearch.org , David GRAY married Agnes PETER on 7 June 1867 in Dundee, Angus.
    I also have PETERs from Angus in my direct line!
    I had a couple of about-to-expire credits left for Scotland's People, so I had a quick look.
    Agnes Mary GRAY born 1874 St Andrew District, Dundee City, Angus.

Geordie Ken

Default Progress

Thank you Wirral,

I have now traced the Peter's back to William, b1793 in Dundee. On the 1861 and 1851 Census David Gray is listed as the son of Ann Grandison, or Grandeson. In the next few weeks I will draw my Scottish Queries together and invest in some Scotlands People vouchers and I owe you a couple.

Chez Jules

I've just joined up to the forum and seems like we are related through the GRAYs. I've sent you a private message.

geordie2

Hi, I am not at home so my resources are limited. Please write to me at [email protected] and I will check when
    I get home next week

Regards

Ken Elder