Bob Skinner

Default Carles Andrew BRADFIELD, b. Westfield c 1829

I wonder if any can assist.
    I have been contacted by an American relative who is wanting to confirm the baptism for his grandfather, Charles Andrews Bradfield. His parents (Charles & Hannah) were married in Westfield on 28 July 1828, and he has some records of the baptisms of their younger children there, but not of his grandfather, whohe believes would have been born early 1829.

Apparently the LDS Church records for those years are missing.

If anyone has access to a transcript or index, we would be very grateful if you could do a look-up:

Charles Andrews Bradfield
    Father - Charles Bradfield
    Mother - Hannah Andrews
    Born in Westfield, Norfolk, probably in the first quarter of 1829

Many thanks

Bob

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Skinner
    I wonder if any can assist.
    I have been contacted by an American relative who is wanting to confirm the baptism for his grandfather, Charles Andrews Bradfield. His parents (Charles & Hannah) were married in Westfield on 28 July 1828, and he has some records of the baptisms of their younger children there, but not of his grandfather, whohe believes would have been born early 1829.Apparently the LDS Church records for those years are missing.
    The NRO lists of parish registers and transcripts notes that they only hold Westfield baptisms up to 1812. It may be that in this parish, the baptismal register is still open and held by the local Vicar. I'd suggest sending an e-mail to the NRO, when it re-opens. The alternative to the register is the Archdeacon's Transcript (AT) which the NRO holds up to 1882. They may be able to photocopy the relevant years for you/your friend at reasonable cost.

Good luck
    Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire
    Last edited by Geoffers; 10-10-2007 at 7:21 AM.

Bob Skinner

Many thanks for your knowledgeable assistance, Geoffers. A happy New Year to you and all other posters and readers on this list.

Bob Skinner