belfastbob

Default Looking for Garioch

Hi I am lloking for any Garioch's from Aberdeen

busyglen

Hi, this is probably of no help, but I came across this and thought I would just mention in case. It's not Aberdeen though.

I hadn't heard of the name Garioch, but found this site:

https://www.royal-deeside.org.uk/Abhistory/record2.htm

Glenys

belfastbob

Hi Glenys, Thank you for that I think that my Gariochs are from Aberdeen. They are additions to my tree through a recent marriage and are the ancestors of my grand daughter on her mums maternal side

jane.harrison.9

Not too sure if many people have the surname Garioch but it is possible that they may have originated around the area of Chapel of Garioch in Aberdeenshire.
    Maybe the Aberdeen and North East Scotland Family History Society could help.
    Jane.

belfastbob

Default Garioch

Hi Jane thanks for that .Is it just a coincidence but the Gariochs that I am researching are also connected to Harrisons?

jane.harrison.9

Not much on Harrison's.I think they are mainly from Lancashire.
    It's my ex husbands name.
    To keep the same surname as my children I never reverted back to my maiden name after my divorce .
    I should really do that line for my children but I just keep putting it off.
    Jane.

belfastbob

Default Garioch

Hi Jane my daughter in law's father is a harrison but is from Pontypridd so no connection. Thought it was too much of a coincidence

jane.harrison.9

Always worth a try though.
    Jane.

eNZedFred

Hi there, my gr gr Grandmother was Isobella Garioch born 12 May 1816 Culsalmond, Aberdeenshire. Her name is recorded at various times as Gerrie or Garioch. I am told that the pronunciation is the same. Some of the the family are Herriegerrie. I have been told by others researching these names that it is possible to find a birth, marriage and death for one person, but with all three names. Good luck. Cheers, Fred.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello cousin;
    Peter Garioch (Gerry) and Isobel Daun were my gr gr grandparents also.