Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    That's great, Vanessa! Happy dances all round!
    I'ts almost anticlimatic

Thanks everyone for your help and thoughts on this horrid search!

Marie C..

Wonderful V,
    You deserve to have found them as you never gave up and went where others wouldn't have had the courage to go.I'm happy for you. M

*bunty*

So CBB went to Portugal??? It's a long way from New Zealand . Well done you!

v.wells

Thanks Bunty. I suppose he died there but I won't know the nitty gritty 'til I make contact with the daughter, my cousin!Her and hubby must have dragged him off there to bask in the sun and warmth

v.wells

Unhappy

It is the end of this story! Cousin Ann is not interested in knowing anything and didn't provide a return address or any other info either. I can only assume that CBB died in Portugal and that is that. I would have liked a photo of my aunt though and some fleshing out of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    It is the end of this story! Cousin Ann is not interested in knowing anything and didn't provide a return address or any other info either. I can only assume that CBB died in Portugal and that is that. I would have liked a photo of my aunt though and some fleshing out of their lives.

Was Ann an only child?
    Lesley

v.wells

Yes, and her children went to Portugal too. So no help there. A real let down for sure.

Mutley

I'll try and find out about registration in Portugal. I do know that a death does not have to be notified to the British Consulate unless the relatives wanted to.

I also know that most are buried though the body can be sent up north to be cremated as some English are.

The church local to where they lived was São Lourenço in Almancil. Beautiful church but I know nothing about where records will be kept. I will see if I can find out that also.

Famous for offering help & advice

Chin up Vanessa!

I'm sure Mutley is part blood-hound..

She'll track 'em down!

Sue

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    Chin up Vanessa!

I'm sure Mutley is part blood-hound..

She'll track 'em down!

Sue
    Mutley is a super blood-hound, and I can't thank her enough . All Ann said was that she remembered 2 of my aunts and when her mother died they had no further contact with my family - grandparents or anybody. - and that it should be left at that. They all moved to Portugal (it seems in a hurry)

My sister thinks there were a lot of hard feelings to do with my grandparents, which if I knew the story, would solve a lot of mystery surrounding my father's siblings and why some of them have been so difficult to find.

I wouldn't mind some dirty laundry about now as I can't find any black sheep in any of my lines Ho Hum Boring!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345