Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    v.wells

Default Success Finally

I have finally heard back from a churchwarden in Headley who contacted a couple of funeral directors and I now know where my aunt is buried.

She is at Aldershot Crematorium with her ashes at Plot and row #'s given. I am so pleased to finally knock down this brick wall.

The hunt is still on for CBB - the Will I ordered is obviously not his as it confilcts with what I now know. Oh well.

I contacted a person on genes who is affiliated with one of my aunts' children so hopefully they won't take too long to reply. (I hate waiting).

One brick wall down with only a few more to go. The elusive CBB

Marie C..

Jolly Good V,
    You're on the last lap now. Wonder if he went to Paris or NZ or to the Carribbean?M

v.wells

Planet Mars! I have to mind my language dealing with this lot. They are almost as elusive as another lot I have.

Jan1954

Vanessa,

The elusive CBB is annoying me as much as you!

As you know that he was still alive in 1968, when he registered Esther's death, a next step could be to trawl the local directories, such as the Post Office or Kelly's. Find him in 1968 and move up a year at a time.

These are probably available at the Hampshire Records Office or a large library in a Hampshire town.

Maybe the RO would be able to help (their contact details are on the link) - or maybe you can enlist the services of a forum member who lives in the locale.

Failing that, I will have to go and stay with my father (who lives in Hampshire) and do it myself!

Marie C..

This isn't him is it?(FMP)
    Charles Beardsworth death 31 Dec 1888 New Forest(that's in Hampshire) 20, 0239
    Marie

v.wells

Sorry Marie. Wrong one! He's right p***ing me off! The daughter is still alive but don't know where yet. I have a contact with a month's sub to 192 and he will now proceed (to probably find nothing). I would ask my sis to do look ups but she's "too busy" and therefore not much help.

As Esther was (her ashes anyway) buried at Aldershot, he must be there somewhere. But I still think it's Mars!

Jan thanks for the links. I will try Hampshire RO (only to be told they don't do look ups!)

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Sorry Marie. Wrong one! He's right p***ing me off!
    Oh Vanessa! I did giggle, you are normally sooo 'composed'

v.wells

This better end soon or I'll be in an alcoholic stupor before too long! and I don't drink!

The "ehem" contact on genes has yet to respond - I'm almost spiralling out of control

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    This better end soon or I'll be in an alcoholic stupor before too long! and I don't drink!

The "ehem" contact on genes has yet to respond - I'm almost spiralling out of control

WAY TOO MUCH COFFEE AND COLD WEATHER FOR YOU

Glad you at least found your aunt's burial...baby-steps, Vanessa, baby-steps

Sue

v.wells

Don't touch coffee but way tooo much tea! And can't take any baby steps as I've lost both feet on this one!

Found the idiot in BT Directory 1955-1968 at correct addresses, plus a B Beardsworth also in Kelmscott, Headley - but could be her (she went by Betty) or him (he went by Ben). After 1968 he went to Mars and died out of country! He is not dead in England I have checked again! I am sick of him! I found a death for a Charles in Blackpool/F but fairly certain it's not him as b date doesn't match and the following yr a woman I assume to be a wife died, and it is the wrong location. It's not Mars!

Hampshire newspapers nothing - they have archives going back to 1998 but definitely from 2004 onwards. I got lost trying to manoever? the site!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast