MickyMutt

Cool John McDONNELL b Achluachrach 1799

Looking for any info that may extend my knowledge of John McDonnell born at Achluachrach, Invernesshire in 1799. John married Janet McPhee born Glenelg 1799 daughter of John McPhee and Catherine McLeod. The couple were married at Knoydart in 1818. Their first 8 children were all born in Achluachrach (I believe) and the last, Andrew, at Portree, Isle of Skye in 1841. By 1851 the family were living in Glasgow. John may have died there between 1851 and 1853 as Janet and her children emigrated to Australia in 1853 aboard the "New Zealander" arriving in Portland, Victoria in November 1853. John's occupation on his marriage certificate was "Shepherd" but my quest is now to find out who his parents were and if he had any siblings. Any ideas welcomed

McMillan1853

Hi

Just put search for Janet McPhee 1799 and your notice board posted 2008 has come up

I am research Janet McPhee family also - her daughter Ann married to Hector McMillan were my husband's Great Grandparents who emigrated together with Janet and her children as a family group list 505 on the EHIS shipping list . Hopefull after all this time we may be able to compare information each has
    Love to hear back
    Hazel