Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Middleditch Will Index

Hi

Whilst at the FRC a couple of years ago I was searching for a will for my Middleditch line. As I lived a good train journey away from London and just in case I needed to look up another name, I listed the detail of ALL of those found. I had the assistance of my daughter!

Therefore I have a list of all those Middleditch's on the calendars going from 1858 through to 1943 (all that were available at the time). If you require a look-up, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Sue

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Sue

Do you have any Middleditch family members from Suffolk?

I have an Elizabeth who married Thomas Crick in 1740 ..and.. that is absolutely all I know about her!

Would love to find out more. She married in Buxhall but I do not think came from there.

Regards

Marj.

Red face No links yet!

Hi Marj

None of my proven Middleditch rellies are from Suffolk to date. Mine tend to be located in Darlington/Middlesborough and West Ham/Billericay in London. Also, I haven't been able to get my Middleditches back before 1843 due to a .

Some of the names in the will information I have are from Bury St Edmunds, but like I said previously, they date from 1858.

Cheers

Sue

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks a lot Sue.

Looks as if the Middleditches specialize in brick walls!

The Bury St Edmunds contact could be relevant so I will contact you again if I ever make any progress with my Elizabeth!

Cheers

Marj.

junedye64

Default Middleditch wills

My Middleditches were from London.

My GGG Grandfather was Joseph Osborne Middleditch who married Sarah Marlin but I think he died long before 1858.

However his children may have left wills:

Elizabeth married Samuel Herbert
    James
    William Joseph married Harriett
    Samuel
    Charles George
    Sarah

I'd be interested to see if there are any available. Thanks for the offer.

June

Unhappy Wills - Middleditch

Hi June

Any ideas as to the time period they died?

Have had a quick look, there doesn't appear to be any that would fit the names given, and living in the London area. Certainly don't have the daughters as they would come under their married names - and I only did the 'Middleditch' surname.

Unfortunately the majority seem to be Bury St Edmunds based.

I have been looking at your lot just this week myself as I feel there may be a connection with my Middleditch's, all because of an entry on Ancestry mentioning Forty Acre Lane!

Cheers
    Sue

julianb

Sue

Having just spent some time reading some wills in the Essex archives (and very fruitful it was too), can I ask you to look over your list for the following:

Nathaniel Middledictch 1818-1883 D Islington Reg District
    Edward Middleditch 1822-1892 D Maldon, Essex
    John Middleditch 1829-1903 D West Ham reg District
    Charles Middleditch 1832-1917 D Hazeleigh or Maldon
    Earn Middleditch 1840-1887 D Woodham Mortimer or Maldon

The most likely candidate is Edward - he was his Father's Executor and probably had the most of value among these five when he died. I have found out quite a lot from the wills of these brothers' father and grandfather. (grandfather was Nathaniel Middleditch 1755-1811, my 4xgreat grandfather - see https://juliancbaker.110mb.com/)

Thanks in anticipation

JULIAN

Oates

I don't suppose you have a George Middleditch b1872 (mar Jane Chamberlain in 1902) or possibly any of his children - John George 1905, James William 1906 and Charles Henry 1908? They're in the Twickenham, Brentford, Middlesex area. Unfortunately, I don't know when any of them died. I imagine the children were likely still alive in 1943, but perhaps you have George? He was a brewer.

julianb

Default George Middleditch

Hallo Oates

I only have one George Middleditch - and he lived in Essex - see this for a lovely item on him (I take no credit for this) - https://www.pavitt4.fsnet.co.uk/cramphorn.htm

Good luck in your searches

JULIAN

Julian
    Have one match for you - surprise - it is Earn. No sign of the others I'm afraid. If you give me your email in a private message I'll send you the details so you can send for the will.

Oates
    No sign of any wills re your names, but I do have a death certificate that seems to fit your George. As I have several George's in my lot I probably suspected he was one of mine. He died 1938 at 30 Twickenham Road and his son, C Middleditch, of 40 Twickenham Road was informant. If you would like the cert just private mail me your address and I will post it to you.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast