stella

Default 1861 Census Look-up Please

Greetings for the New Year Everyone!
    I'm getting the hang of this now, & was wondering if sks could look-up my ECCLESTON family in Talbot Road. (They were there in the 1871 census, so here's hoping!).
    James ECCLESTON, 33 Born Seven Oaks, Kent Organ Builder
    Mary ECCLESTON, 32 Born, Brixton Surrey
    Arthur ECCLESTON, 9 Born Manchester, Lancashire
    Ann ECCLESTON, 7 Born Manchester, Lancashire
    Sophia ECCLESTON, 4 Born Manchester, Lancashire

Thanks & Kind Regards, Stella

uksearch

Hi Stella,

Which district of Manchester is Talbot Road located? Could you also please supply the complete ref number for the 1871 Census. It can make life easier

UK

stella

Hi UK, Maybe I have'nt quite got the hang of this yet!! I'm only going on the 1871 census found for me by Procat (thanks)
    Complete reference no: on that RG10/4222
    Registration district: Fylde
    Sub-registration district: Pounlton le Fylde
    ED, institution, or vessel: 4
    Folio:59
    Page: 13
    I've just been looking on the Old Maps site, & I think Talbot Road is in Preston area. I'm sorry I know nothing else.If not enough, thanks for trying anyway. Kind Regards, Stella.

uksearch

Hi Stella,

MCL does not hold the Census returns for this district so unless they had moved back to Manchester.I will not be able to help.It is a shame because yesterday I was researching at Lancashire County Records Office and I might have been able to help.

UK

stella

Hi Uk, Thanks anyway for your assistance. Appreciate it. Regards, Stella

johnwoodi

Default james eccleston organ maker

dear stella,I am a direct descendent of james eccleston,he was my g.g.grandfather,I would like to swap notes,there areover 20 family membersIknow of alive today.john

Jan1954

Hello johnwoodi - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Although Stella is still a member of the forum, she has not visited for nearly a year. If you click on her name, a drop-down box appears and one of the options is that of a private message. If you contact her that way, it should generate an email to her.

Good luck with your research.

stella

Greetings John. I must apologise for not being online for so long. Life has dealt our family some awful times. I feel I am now ready to re-establish contact with all. Are you still interested in information we could share? Kind Regards, Stella.

Famous for offering help & advice

Did you ever find them in 1861? If not they are in Chorlton on Medlock Manchester.Ancestry has them as Eccleston ,FMP has transcribed them as Adelson.

22, Booth Street East,

ED:19
    Household schedule number:114
    Piece:2880
    Folio:39
    Page:23

Knowledgeable and helpful

There was a Talbot Road in the Old Trafford / Gorse Hill / Stretford area of Manchester - that would probably come under the Chorlton district in the 19th century.
    I lived not far from that road in the 1940s - 60s