ianmal

Default Malcolmson Malcomson Watson

This post should be moved to the Scotland/Renfrewshire forum when created.

My great grandparents are George MALCOLMSON or George MALCOMSON and Annie Morrison WATSON. They were married on 15th July 1897 in Johnstone, Renfrewshire.

George's parents are John Crawford MALCOLMSON and Sarah MALCOLMSON but I've no idea where they came from?

Annie's parents are Robert WATSON and Jane (Jean) MATHIE m1857.

If anyone relates to the above please contact me.

Ian Stirling Malcolmson
    Last edited by ianmal; 30-12-2004 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Mis-spelling

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dear Mr Ian.
    I am looking for a Scotish guy named John Malcolmson, who in 1946 was serving his military duty in Greece. I have a dictionary which was given to my granmother, that has the bio below:
    John Malcolmson
    12 George Street, Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland...
    From what i have read from your relatives bio, i guess that John was your father..Is that correct? Please contact me to my email: kafentzis_nikos {at} hotmail.com

The dictionary that i have has also John's signature, so we will be able to doublecheck if it's your father's or not..
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Kind regards,
    Nikos Kafentzis
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 29-03-2020 at 2:15 PM. Reason: email address inactivated

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum,
    I'm afraid that Ian has not been here since 2013. If his email address hasn't changed, he should get an auto-message saying that someone has answered this thread, and he may answer.

However, I am not sure why you think that your John is the same person as his. Ian's John was the father of a man who married in 1897, yours was in the army in 1946 and was probably born in the 1910s or 1920s.

The other bad news is that we cannot allow details about (possibly) living people on the open forum, although they can be shared through the private messaging (pm) system.

Good luck!

The only thing that I can to is to advise you to go to the Scotlands People site (see HERE) and look for a likely birth or marriage (or death) for your man.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum,
    I'm afraid that Ian has not been here since 2013. If his email address hasn't changed, he should get an auto-message saying that someone has answered this thread, and he may answer.

However, I am not sure why you think that your John is the same person as his. Ian's John was the father of a man who married in 1897, yours was in the army in 1946 and was probably born in the 1910s or 1920s.

The other bad news is that we cannot allow details about (possibly) living people on the open forum, although they can be shared through the private messaging (pm) system.

Good luck!

The only thing that I can to is to advise you to go to the Scotlands People site (see HERE) and look for a likely birth or marriage (or death) for your man.
    Dear Lesley, thank you for all your assistance. I have sent this message even if I realised myself that Ian hasn't been online for a long time because I saw the same enquiry of him in other websites related to ancestors and he had written that his father, John was born in 1925. It could match, supposing that he was 21 in 1946... I had to start from somewhere and this is Ian! I will try the link you have sent me and in any case I have to send a message to the street address I have..

There is no need to apologize -John, his father, is not mentioned in his message, just the earlier one.
    Have a look in the phone book and see who is at that address now, it might save you the cost of a postage stamp. If it was me, I’d also check Scotland’s People for a death certificate for him.