PB273

Smile Downer in Sussex

DOWNER I have been researching my Downer family in Sussex for a long time now and have compiled a hugh database. If anyone has any connection with the Downer family I would love to hear from them. Perhaps I can even help sort out a query.

tracker4761

Default Downer

I am looking for some stray Downers last seen in Brighton in 1861. Missing Henry born 1825 ish, George born 1859 and Henry/Harry born 1861. I don't think they all died between 1861-1871 although Henry snr may have died before July 1881
    Their mother Harriett died in 1865 and I can trace the sisters.
    Any suggestions?
    Tracker

PB273

Default Downer in Brighton

I can't find any of these Downers in Brighton at all. If you give me what details you have I will search again. I have a very comprehensive list of Downer people.

pathutchinson

Smile Downer Family Sussex

Quote Originally Posted by PB273 View Post
    DOWNER I have been researching my Downer family in Sussex for a long time now and have compiled a hugh database. If anyone has any connection with the Downer family I would love to hear from them. Perhaps I can even help sort out a query.
    My husband's mother's maiden name was Downey. I have only recently started on the Downey family which I quickly traced to Steyning in Sussex and then found a marriage 1775 with the bride Downey alias Downer. This set me off on researching the Downer family. So far I have traced husband's line back to James Downey who marries Ann Penfold 11 MAY 1732 but research is ongoing. Never seem to get much time as we have 2 businesses to run. Would be very interested to hear if you have any Downey research.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi

I'm not sure if I have been previously in contact with you with regards to a connection but yes I'm from a Downer relative in Sussex...

1. Downer, Charlottte (1833 - 1873)
    2. Downer, Emily (b.1845)
    3. Downer, Fanny (b.1831)
    4. Downer, Harriet (b.1836)
    5. Downer, John (b.1840)
    6. Downer, John (b.1807)
    7. Downer, Joseph (b.1850)
    8. Downer, Mary Ann (b.1829)
    9. Downer, Thomas (b.1780)

John Downer (from Sidlesham) above is married to Mary Pink (west wittering) and their daughter Emily Downer (Earnley) married George Smith, their son Charles Smith married Rosina Green, whose daughter Winifred Olive Smith is my father's mother.... So I would love to have as much information as possible... My email address is [email protected] if we are already in contact then I apologise for troubling you, I see this is dated back in 2008 so a possibility you have no longer have this information at hand...

kind regards

Keren

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello, I have DNA matches to a Downer family who went from Sussex to Massachusetts. My Downers come from Fordingbridge/Wiltshire but I think they may have originated from Sussex. I've been trying to see if I can find a link to the Isle of Wight Downers too.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My great-grandfather was Thomas Downer in London but his grandfather was John Downer from West Tarring in Sussex who married Kitty Wyatt in 1812 in Westminster, London. Do you have any information on that Downer family? Many thanks.Lillian