Thread: FAULKES

Roy Faulkes

Default FAULKES

HI ,
    I am looking for any help in finding the Birthplace(record) of my GGGrandfather ;
    Don't know in which County to place this post ?? Hope this is OK .
    Benjamin FAULKES was born circa 1825 in either Rutland ,Leics or Notts
    He has claimed both Rutland ( Belton ) and Leics. as his birthplace on different Census records.
    He married Ann BIDDLE in Somerby , Leics. in 1850 , from that record I found his father's name was also Benjamin , but could be FAULK(E)S. I have also seen his name spelled FAWKES on a Census.
    I can get no further idea where he was born . I have him in the 1851 Census in Somerby where Leics. is shown as his birthplace . I broadened my search to Notts. because there were some families of that name there at the time but cannot get any connection clues from there either.
    He died in 1878 in St Pancras area of London. He worked as a Railway Porter and lived at Railway Cottages , St Pancras for a number of years before his death.
    If anybody has any connections , perhaps thru' the BIDDLE family trees I would sure appreciate some help.
    Thank you ,
    Roy

Loves to help with queries

Default Faulks connection

I have a Rebekah Faulks in my tree.She was born 1829 in Waltham On The Wolds LEIC and her father's name was James Faulks. She originally married Stephen Woods in 1848 in Melton Mowbray. She was a widow when she married my GG grandfather in Oct. 1885 in Leicester. The reason I'm passing this info on to you is perhaps a search of Waltham On The Wolds or Melton Mowbray may give you a clue about the Faulks family. My source of information is a marriage certificate.

Roy Faulkes

Default FAULKS Family

Thanks BOb for the info!
    I know of no connection there but thanks for the interest and will certainly follow that up to check if I can.
    Best regards
    Roy