Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,

My Great Grandfather was Walter Charles Wood who survived the sinking of HMS Hogue and subsequently HMS Cressy before being rescued by a Dutch merchantman, there is a chapter of his words regards the events on the 22nd September 2014 within the book, "The Live Bait Squadron" and i am extremely keen to find any further information i can of his service (i have his Service Record, Medals and "Diddy Box") and therefore welcome any contact regards these points if at all possible.

Thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Henk H.M. View Post
    Hi I am Henk van der Linden, chairman of the Live Bait Squadron Society www.livebaitsqn-soc.info If you want to, you are very welcome to be a member on behalf of your Grand uncle!
    Hi Henk, i see you are the Author of a book that had some words of my Great Grandfather "Walter Charles Wood" who survived the sinking of HMS Hogue and subsequently HMS Cressy too, i would love to know if you ever found any documents that refer to Walter (Photo's of Walter especially) and if possible his actions during the engagement.

Thanks!

Henk hasn't been here since 2013. If he is still using the email address that he registered with, he should get message saying that someone has answered his message, but you never know.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Lesley, i have managed to get in touch with Henk via email now, but still welcome any and all contact regards Walter from anyone that may know anything.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Everyone

I am rather late to this discussion, but I have just found out that my grandfather, George David Thurnell was on the Aboukir and was one of the survivors. I would be very pleased to chat with anyone else who has a relative who died or survived in any of the 3 ships that were sunk on September 22nd 1914

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Ardamore21 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am rather late to this discussion, but I have just found out that my grandfather, George David Thurnell was on the Aboukir and was one of the survivors. I would be very pleased to chat with anyone else who has a relative who died or survived in any of the 3 ships that were sunk on September 22nd 1914
    Hi, how can I help?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456