Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Retrospective

Default ABOUKIR ETC

I have a rather battered Medway Almanac from 1914 which has names and photographs of Medway men lost in the Aboukir, Hogue, Cressy disaster. It also has their ages and addresses. I would be happy to look for any names people are researching and forward information, if they are included in this publication.

mariapbf

Default HMS Cressy

Hi Retrospective

I have a distant relative who died on HMS Cressy and is listed on the CWGC site - Able Seaman John Robert Goater. I'd be very grateful if you could see if he is included in your almanac.

Best wishes

Maria

Retrospective

Default Cressy

Hi Maria,
    Sorry I could not find a Goater among them. There are 85 seamen altogether as well as a few from HMS Pathfinder and HMS Hawke. Have you tried the Chatham Dockyard Historical Society?

Good luck - Pete

Retrospective

HMS Pembroke was the Royal Navy Barracks at Chatham now the universities site.

mariapbf

Smile HMS Cressy lookup

Dear Pete

Thanks for looking. I will certainly investigate the Historical Society.

Best wishes

Maria

kentish kate

Default HMS Cressey

Hello Retrospective, I wonder if you could look in your book for Charles Albert Flaxman, stoker 1st class. He died on the cressey and would love to find out more about him. He was my dads Uncle. Thank you
    Kate.

cmalcolm

Default The Chief Carpenters Mate on the Cressy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanicfan View Post
    Is there anyone researching their family history who has an ancestor that served on HMS Aboukir, Cressy or Hogue during WWI?
    The Chief Carpenters Mate on the Cressy, an Ernest Edward Malcolm, is (I strongly suspect) a relative of mine. I am searching for several Malcolm relatives from Hull and north Lincolnshire, but originally from Sweden.
    Ernest appears to have survived.

privet_hedge

Hi,
    Just seen this thread and as I am researching my 'great uncle', Charles Garrod, am wondering if anybody has any photo's of crew members ? Charles was on board HMS Aboukir and was killed.

terry mc

my grandfather michael mc evoy was killrd when the cressy was torpedoed he was 24 .i am trying to search for his family history ,he married mary flaherty 21-04-1907 my granmother.

Henk H.M.

I am Henk H.M. van der Linden, from Holland. I am the author of 'The Live Bait Squadron' a translation of my book 'Three mass graves off the Dutch Coast' (translation of Dutch title) that was published sept 2010. The English translation will be published this spring/early summer. I am looking for descendants of the men/boys who died or survived 1. who would like to attend the presentation 2. can help me to personal information such as photo's, familystories, background personal stories. Reason: I wrote about these men and their fate, but if possible I 'would put some life in them' so that they become real persons for me. Who can help me? I am looking forward to yor messages
    Direct: h DOT van DOT der DOT linden AT tip DOT nl
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 10-01-2012 at 1:22 PM. Reason: disguised email address to prevent spammers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast