Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ptonga

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen View Post
    My father spent most of early WW2 in Rhodesia where they were training pilots. I have his wonderful photograph album with many photos of the people who were there. Is there anyone else out there with similar. Would love to hear from you if your father was there too.
    Jen
    Hi check out Old Royal Rhodesian Airforce sods on the NET you will find a lot of old timer pics.
    Good luck

lesley loveland

Default RAF Cranborne

I am new to this site and have just seen your message from just before xmas. My Father was in the same area at the same time. Did you have any luck? I have lots of pics if i am not too late. I saw Northampton on your page. Do you live there?

phgm

My father spent most of early WW2 in Rhodesia where they were training pilots. I have his wonderful photograph album with many photos of the people who were there. Is there anyone else out there with similar. Would love to hear from you if your father was there too.
    Jen
    Hi, I just came across this website while researching my family history. My father was an instuctor at Cranborne just after the war. He flew in the 237 Squadron during the war. I have been writing a book about my family and am very keen to find out as much as I can about my father. My father also shared a tent with ian Smith in Egypt. Sadly my father passed away two years ago aged 93. So obviously I am very interested to share!
    Kind regards Paula

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Paula
    My father left there before the war was over so they probably never met. I do have his wonderful photograph album. Have you been to Ian Meredith's web site?
    jen

lesley loveland

Default mancity 888

My Father was in the same area as yours in Rhodesia. I have loads of pictures and would love to share them with you. I live in Northampton. Please let me know if i can help.
    Regards
    Lesley

phgm

Smile Rhodesia

Hi thanks for replying! I would love to see some photos, please drop me a line at: paula_wiegmink AT hotmail DOT com then we can chat further!

Kind regards
    Paula

Makabuzi

Lightbulb RAF Cranborne Salisbury SR

My father was in the original contingent of RAF personnel sent out to set up the Flying School in 1940 and my mother and I went with him - where we lived until 1945. We lived, first of all, in the Causeway Hotel in Salisbury while married quarters were being built then moved into one in 1941. I don't remember a swimming pool there (we used the baths in Salisbury) but there certainly was a social club with tennis courts which were well used. Pilot training went on throughout the WWII years and there were a number of stations fulfilling the same requirement including Belvedere in Salisbury, Norton (I think in Gwelo) and other stations in Bulawayo. If I can help with any queries I will be happy to do so but remember I was a child at the time so I was mainly interested in childish pursuits!

Kim83

Hi

My grandad also served in Rhodesia, he was in the RAF Fom Jan 1948, and joined 602 squadron in 1952 to Jan 1956 his title was SAC - Not sure which year Rhodesia would have been. His name was Andrew Park - if anyone has any photo's please get in touch.

Thanks

Kim

penny59

Default rhodesia

Jen

hi there could you e mail me any pics you may have of thornhill rad station in the 40/50s as my dad was stationed there in the raf, and im trying to get a memory book uptogether for his 8oth birthday, and i am not havingmuch luck

many thanks penny

ptonga

Hi Jenjen. This guy is Bill Dawson perhaps he can help. He was based at Thornhill RRAF. I am Jimmy Main mention my name if you contact him,,,,,,,,[email protected]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast