Ken Berry

Default Minnie (Willeamina)Sinclair & John HenrHendry

HI All,
    I have been looking for my Grandfathers wife Minnie Berry and her descendants.She had married a Henry John Hendry in Liverpool 15th December
    1887 using her given first name Willeamina.In the census in England 1891 they
    had a son John W.Hendry.She had a second son Thomas on 11th November 1891.Henry John Hendry died aged 40 in 1896.His Occupation was Dock Gateman.My Grandfather Alfred Edward Berry was also a Dock Gateman and on 18th October 1897 he married Minnie Hendry.
    In the census in England 1901 they then had Florence Berry 2 years old and Minnie Berry 4years old. John W. Hendry is also listed now as Berry,asis Thomas Hendry listed as Berry.I'm not sure if this should be right.As Thomas Hendry Died of wounds 11th April 1918 2nd Battalion Scots Guards.I am still trying to find John W.If any family in the Shelands recognises their relationship to anyone please get in touch.I really would love to hear from you
    With Best Regards Ken Berry.
    ps Its only a couple of months ago I found out My Grandfather was born In Gourock and a shipbuilder.Then on top of that I servrd my last 2 1/2 years of my apprenticeship at Babcock & Wilcox Renfrew

Hi

You might like to read a thread I posted on the Caithness forum a while back

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=21659

I have no special knowledge of the HENDRY family other than what is in this letter and the fact that one of them married my great grandmother's sister, but I know that there was traffic between Caithness and Orkney so there may well have been movement between there and Shetland as well.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Viking

Default Henry John Henry (HJH)

Born 1855

See his page at the following url:

www.
    bayanne.info/Shetland/getperson.php?personID=I4778&tree=bayanne_1

Would be interested in receiving any data you can fill in re John W. Hendry.

HJH is a second cousin three times removed.

Regards,

John

Ken Berry

Hi John
    My apologies for not answering sooner. Wiil send copies of what I have in the next couple of days.Actually better make that Monday as its the Dear Old Dutch's 80th on Saturday.As our tribe have got us fairly busy,Friday,Saturday,and Sunday.I think I should send them PM.If thats OK with you. Best Regards Ken B