Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mutley

Google Book Server seems to be down today, at least, it is each time I have tried.
    I hope it does nt last too long

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Google Book Server seems to be down today, at least, it is each time I have tried.
    I hope it does nt last too long
    I've just been on there with no problems.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Davran

Sue, I am trying to finish the competition, but my computer is so frustratingly slow to download the page images that I keep giving up and doing something else . So the spirit is willing, but the computer is not - you may or may not have an entry from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Sue, I am trying to finish the competition, but my computer is so frustratingly slow to download the page images that I keep giving up and doing something else . So the spirit is willing, but the computer is not - you may or may not have an entry from me.
    I'd like to think it's slow because all 1000+ members of the Forum are accessing it at once, but I am a realist! At least you have found out what's available for when the computer's in a better mood. If you send in your entry I shall award you an extra point for perserverance!
    Sue Mackay

busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Davran, I suspect you are at the point that I was when the PC went slow. It was down to the pages loading really slowly. If I remember correctly, I left that and on the right where there is another search box, I put something else in (can't remember what now) and it took me to the page much quicker. Sorry I can't remember any more to help.

Hope you've solved it by now anyway.
    Glenys

Closing date is midnigth tonight. Can't give you longer 'cos I'm going away on Friday and need to get the prize posted off on Thursday!
    Sue Mackay

Grr! You'd think I'd know, having done a comp before, how very clever you have to be in wording questions.

6. If you press Advanced Search, highlight "Full View Only" and insert "Genealogy" into the Subject Box with English ticked as the language, which publication comes up that might be of special interest to someone researching in Essex?
    This question will now have the words "or Hertfordshire" added.

I wondered why those who sent in their answers early got the same answer I did (obviously Essex) whereas recent entries have all come up with a Hertfordshire reference. Having just typed in my criteria again the original book I was after no longer comes up

Just goes to show how often the Internet changes, and you should keep doing searches every so often in case this time your missing information magically materialises.
    Sue Mackay

Mutley

That was one of the questions I very nearly did not answer but I could only presume, as it had a reference to Essex it must have been the one you wanted.

ET in the USA

Early bird gets the worm

Knowledgeable and helpful

Phew! Just in time! Good luck everyone fingers crossed. Must dash now! gotta get up early! (well early for me!!)

Brilliant quiz..lots of info to use in the future Thanks Sue!

Browneyes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast