Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    manxy1

Smile Grave indeed

Good luck with your efforts in trying to make someone recognize the historical importance of such sites.
    I'm sure if it was a castle or something connected to the politicians elections, there would be loads of money pouring in
    As said before, good luck

manxy1

Default Robert Wade married Catherine Corlett 1729

I'm struggling at the moment in trying to validate the birth of Robert Wade.
    I know that he was married to Catherine Corlett on 27/Oct/1729 in Jurby and most of the descendants leading to myself, but when was he born, who was his mother and father. (usual questions)
    The only Robert listed before that date was Robert Wade born in 17/Jan/1679 Andreas Isle of Man (confirmed igi) with his father being John Wade (dob unknown also), but this would make Robert 50 when he married. Not impossible I know, but I'm doubtful without evidence.
    Any suggestions?
    Many Thanks,
    Paul

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Wade-Christian

Here are some Wade-Christians from the Isle of Man
    https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Wade-10358

Quote Originally Posted by marriner69 View Post
    Wow! That's fantastic! Nice work!

I have kinda the same creepy hobby as well. I'm a photographer and I usually do all my photo shoots in grave yards. Though here, in Wilmington, NC USA, I am not related to any of them. Being that I am what is referred to in the Southland as a "Damned Yankee" as I am from New England (Maine to be exact). I do love the Southern history, and the old pre-Civil War cemeteries down here are outstanding! Old Blue-Blood money buys you lots of gaudy statues and such

Though I am so inspired by your work, I think I may have to start photographing the headstone now, it is a great way to help people find their family history.

My maternal grandmother is(was) from the Isle of Man and I'm telling ya, I cannot track her down as I do not know her father's first name, only his last Christian and then I don't know her mother's maiden name....It's been a wicked bummer. I'm to the point where I'll have to go to the Isle of Man and visit the cemetery she's buried in to find my answers. She lived in the US for years but never became a citizen(I think she may have had some unresolved issues about WWll, as she always called us "The Bloody Americans"). Anyway, at the end of her days she went home and a few months she died. I wish I hadn't been so young as I might have asked more questions and not be in this mess. Ah well, live and learn. But, best of luck to you and welcome. The people on this site are really helpful and good at what they do Cheers, Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12