petesf

Smile FOLLETT family Whitchurch, Dorset

Hi everyone,
    Looking for family of Thomas Follett 1688-1755, also Sprakes,
    Parrys, Mans, Hodder and Crocker.

swippydo

Default folletts

hi
    i am a decendent of thomas follett my gr/gr grandfather married joan follett who was the granddaughter of thomas
    rachael

petesf

Smile Folletts of Dorset

Hi,
    Pleased to meet you. Joan Follett was my Gt, gt, gt Grandfathers' sister.
    Joan was born 12th April 1784. She married a John Hussey on 9th Oct 1806
    in Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset.
    I am descended from her brother Adam Follett 1779-1846.
    One of their sons' was Gaius Follett 1813-1865 - He married a Mary Sprake
    1813-1872, hence my surname (Sprake-Follett).
    Gaius & Mary had 4 children of whom only 2 survived - Rosalie Mary Jane Follett
    who married a John Parry and my Gt Grandfather William Sprake-Follett who
    married John Parrys' sister Clara Parry.
    So far I have managed to get back as far as my Gt, gt, gt, gt, gt, gt Grandfather Thomas Follett 1688-1755 & his good lady Cicely Miller 1692-1745.
    On my Gt Grandmothers' side (Clara Parry) we have got as far back as 1580 -
    the Man/Mann family from Withampton, Dorset.
    If you have any more on the Folletts I would be extremely grateful. I will of course pass on to you anything I come across.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Yours: Peter Jon Sprake-Follett

Dorset Girl

Hi,
    Not sure about my Follett my 3 x g grandfather - he was John Follett Daniel/Dannel - b 1780 in Moreton, Dorset. Have not been able to find out where the connection of the Follett comes from - I believe his mother was a Hellier.
    I have some Crockers as well - but in no relation to the Follett Daniel/Dannel and they were mainly all around the Corfe Castle area.
    Marion

petesf

Smile folletts of Dorset

Hi Marion,
    Moreton in Dorset is where my Gt, gt Grandmother was living until her death in 1872. Many of the olde family were born in and around Moreton, Burton Bradstock. As for Hellier, it is not a great leap from the Hilliers that are associated with the Sprake side of my family. They hailed from Beaminster.
    One I am in contact with in Adelaide, Australia. We share the same 3xGt Grandfathers on the Sprake side. Go far enough back and they're all linked.
    A couple of hundred years ago the world was a much smaller place.
    Pete S-F

Dorset Girl

And a nicer place as well I think!
    I have a note on John Follett Daniel/Dannel's mother Hannah, to say an alternative name for her was Hollier, and Follett. Hannah's parents were a George Hollier m to a Rebecca - surname unknown, so I suppose it is possible that Rebecca was a Follett but at this stage I have no way of proving it. The details so far have only come from Dorset OPC and will have to be researched later.
    Marion

Timothy King

Default Follett Hoskins Halson Hodder Vincent

Hi All, I am very new to this. I have my family bible, passed down the Vincent line - some Folletts, Halson, Hoskins etc. Of possible interest to others is Mary Hoskins nee Follett, b1777 daughter of John and Mary Follett of WCC Dorset, Gaius Follett b1785 poss grandfather of Gaius Follett Vincent b1823, Ann Halson nee Follett b1765, Mary Chick nee Hoskins d1848; James Hoskins b1780 husband of Mary above, Mary Follett wife of John Follett both b abt 1740.

Would love to receive info on Gaius Follett's life and anything on William Vincent, GF Vincent's father b about 1798 and d 1823 in a farming accident just after GFV was born. I also have Hodders and Sprakes in that part of the family - curious about them too!

Tim

petesf

Smile folletts of Dorset

Hi Tim,
    You can reach me privately on: p DOT sprake-follett AT ntlworld DOT com

Very much look forward too hearing from you.
    Peter Jon Sprake-Follett
    Last edited by Jan1954; 09-02-2009 at 5:46 PM. Reason: Emila address edited to try to foil those pesky spammers

Default Mary Sprake

Dear Peter

My Husband Andy Sprake is a DD of Mary Sprake who married Gauis Follett. She is his 2nd great grand aunt. I have only being searching for a year but have found about 200 people I have only got as far back as John and maria Sprake from Symondsbury . Have you gone any further back on the Sprake side. Look forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by petesf View Post
    Hi,
    Pleased to meet you. Joan Follett was my Gt, gt, gt Grandfathers' sister.
    Joan was born 12th April 1784. She married a John Hussey on 9th Oct 1806
    in Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset.
    I am descended from her brother Adam Follett 1779-1846.
    One of their sons' was Gaius Follett 1813-1865 - He married a Mary Sprake
    1813-1872, hence my surname (Sprake-Follett).
    Gaius & Mary had 4 children of whom only 2 survived - Rosalie Mary Jane Follett
    who married a John Parry and my Gt Grandfather William Sprake-Follett who
    married John Parrys' sister Clara Parry.
    So far I have managed to get back as far as my Gt, gt, gt, gt, gt, gt Grandfather Thomas Follett 1688-1755 & his good lady Cicely Miller 1692-1745.
    On my Gt Grandmothers' side (Clara Parry) we have got as far back as 1580 -
    the Man/Mann family from Withampton, Dorset.
    If you have any more on the Folletts I would be extremely grateful. I will of course pass on to you anything I come across.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Yours: Peter Jon Sprake-Follett

Dear Tim

I am a Dorset farming Sprake and am searching for our family I have got back to John and Maria Sprake from Symondsbury Dorset and have found Sprake- Folletts , Parry's and many other families some of which like us are still farming in Dorset. We have met a whole new family too. How are you related to Sprakes in your family would love to find out more we are very interested in how they lived and where . We have visited many of the farms they used to farm in Dorset .

Look forward to hearing from you even though your post was ages ago.
    Dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy King View Post
    Hi All, I am very new to this. I have my family bible, passed down the Vincent line - some Folletts, Halson, Hoskins etc. Of possible interest to others is Mary Hoskins nee Follett, b1777 daughter of John and Mary Follett of WCC Dorset, Gaius Follett b1785 poss grandfather of Gaius Follett Vincent b1823, Ann Halson nee Follett b1765, Mary Chick nee Hoskins d1848; James Hoskins b1780 husband of Mary above, Mary Follett wife of John Follett both b abt 1740.

Would love to receive info on Gaius Follett's life and anything on William Vincent, GF Vincent's father b about 1798 and d 1823 in a farming accident just after GFV was born. I also have Hodders and Sprakes in that part of the family - curious about them too!

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast