cattay

Default Waters and De-La-Pole families from surrey

HI looking for info on Robert Waters born 1766 died in 1818 he was Labourer born/died in barnes surrey He married Mary White on 20 nov 1791 in barn elms surrey. Mary born on 1770 in barns surrey she died 1849 in motlake surrey Marys parents john white and Elizabeth ? Now Robert and and Mary had 3 children Thomas Waters a Botanist born 1794.
    William Waters born ? and Robert Waters junior born 1813/14. there is a story going round stating that either Robert 1766 father was waters or really de-la-pole adn his mother either the waters or de-la-pole. It's said that Robert 1766 had a fall out with his father and took his mothers name of Waters but then states it was de-la-pole now I have no idea who was waters and who was de-la-pole. it's also sadi that when Robert 1766 died MAry took on the running of an INN in barns elmes surrey. also found info stating "De-La-Pole Estates was passed back to the Crown because of no known descendants of old Robert Waters in England. He fell from a load of hay and broke his back and died. Also Roberts wife Mary after his death took on an Inn called "Barne Elmas", in Surrey, England.

Can any-one help

Cheers
    Cath :-)

Ann Sargeant

Robert Waters married Mary White on 20 November 1791 at the parish church of St Mary, Barnes, Surrey.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Barn Elms was not a parish but the name of a private estate, which, in the 1790s was in the ownership of the Hoare family. The history of the estate is easily found via Google.

Family Wills are often a good source of information about family relationships.

The Will of John Waters of Barnes, Surrey is available from The National Archives and can be downloaded at modest cost via Documents Online on TNA website. The same site offers a small number of Wills for the name De la Pole.

There are no Waters' family Wills proved in the Archdeaconry of Surrey or the Consistory Court of Surrey in the timeframe. There are a fair number of Surrey Wills for the surname White but none specifically in Barnes.

Ann

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello Cath - Descendant of Thomas Waters

Quote Originally Posted by cattay View Post
    HI looking for info on Robert Waters born 1766 died in 1818 he was Labourer born/died in barnes surrey He married Mary White on 20 nov 1791 in barn elms surrey. Mary born on 1770 in barns surrey she died 1849 in motlake surrey Marys parents john white and Elizabeth ? Now Robert and and Mary had 3 children Thomas Waters a Botanist born 1794.
    William Waters born ? and Robert Waters junior born 1813/14. there is a story going round stating that either Robert 1766 father was waters or really de-la-pole adn his mother either the waters or de-la-pole. It's said that Robert 1766 had a fall out with his father and took his mothers name of Waters but then states it was de-la-pole now I have no idea who was waters and who was de-la-pole. it's also sadi that when Robert 1766 died MAry took on the running of an INN in barns elmes surrey. also found info stating "De-La-Pole Estates was passed back to the Crown because of no known descendants of old Robert Waters in England. He fell from a load of hay and broke his back and died. Also Roberts wife Mary after his death took on an Inn called "Barne Elmas", in Surrey, England.

Can any-one help

Cheers
    Cath :-)
    Please respond if able. Mick

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Mick
    Unfortunately Cath is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word 'Guest' under her user name.
    We can't help you contact her because once a person leaves the forum all their information is removed from our server.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Mick
    Unfortunately Cath is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word 'Guest' under her user name.
    We can't help you contact her because once a person leaves the forum all their information is removed from our server.
    Christina
    Thanks for the advice. Su the other guest whom I corresponded with many years ago will be in the same category. So I will try some of my other family names. Mick

I've had a look at out current database, and there is no Su I'm afraid.
    Now that the thread has been reactivated, someone else may turn up, otherwise, as you say, try another twig from your tree!

Welcome in.