Bulleon

Default Jesse Salmon/Saldmonds/Salmonds

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to ask to see if anyone can help with one of the lines in my uncle's family tree which has been eluding me for a long time! My uncle mother was called Janet Saldmonds (as per the spelling on her birth index registration) and she was born on 10 Jul 1920 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire with mother's maiden name being 'Else'.

I then found the marriage certificate between a Jessie Saldmonds and an Annie Else on 15 Apr 1918 in Washingborough, Lincolnshire. These were the details:

Jessie Saldmonds,full age,widower. Occupation: labourer. Living at St. Leonards, Newark. Father: William Saldmonds, deceased.

Annie Else, full age, spinster. Father:Joseph Else, deceased.

Now, I've managed to track down Annie's family line, she was born in 1884 in Nottinghamshire. But Jesse was still puzzling me. So I went through the death indexes and finally found the certificate of a Jesse Salmon. Details:

Jesse Salmon, 14 Jan 1932, Cannon Street, Lincoln. 63 years, bricklayer's labourer. Informant of death: step-son E.G.Else (Annie's son from before the marriage to Jesse).

So now I know that Jesse Salmon (or Saldmond/Salmond!) was born in about 1869 and has been married before, but unfortunately I still have no clue of where he was born. I've had a look at different census records but nothing seems to fit, can anyone help me find him anywhere?And also is there anyway to find out burial information for him without actually going to the Lincoln archives? (I live in Manchester, so just thought I'd check!)

Thanks for your time,

Stacey.

salcat

There is a birth registered in Sleaford Lincs in Dec q 1867 for a Jesse Salmon (ref Sleaford 7a 389). Sleaford is not far from Newark, although you cross the county boundary!

A possible??

Nothing for Jesse Saldmonds between 1867-1870.

bumblebee

There is this family on the 1871

Emma Salmons 30
    George W Salmons 8
    Henry T Salmons 6
    Jessie Salmons 3 born Leadenham, Lincs
    William Salmons 31 Ag Lab

Class: RG10; Piece: 3351; Folio: 22; Page: 21

Then in 1881 they are with their grandma.

Harriet Robinson 70 Head, Widow
    Henry Robinson 33 Son
    Harriet R. Salmon 9 Grandaughter
    Henry T. Salmon 16 Grandson
    Jesse Salmon 11 Grandson

Class: RG11; Piece: 3374; Folio: 4; Page: 1;

Bumblebee

Burial 16 Jan 1932 at Lincoln St Swithin's Cemetery, Jesse SALMON (64)

Aerial photo of Lincoln Cemeteries ... St Swithins is the one on the right with the large circle at the top

https://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.21....4&r=0&src=msa

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

OMG thank you sooooo much this helped me a lot and I finally have the answer to what happened all I had was a marriage certificate and a mismatched birth certificate giving mothers name as Annie Else! I'm a direct descendent, of E G Else x