Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    gualmilward

Default Searching for Milward in London

Hi, my ancestors are from London, England.
    I'm trying to search about my "cousins" on England, the Milward family here in Brazil lost the contact with the Milward family in England about 1850 (long time ago) I still with letters dated 1810,1800,1820.

My lastname is Milward.

The First ramification of my family was John Milward and Eleonora Bond, both from London, then the son (there is more brothers) of them named Robert Henry Milward moved to Brazil.

I can show one Portrait of Robert H. Milward, he was Born in 1804 in London and he died in Brazil in 1884.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy Forum. Your English is very good (better in fact than some members of the Forum whose native language it is ).

I hope you don't mind, but I have moved your post from Beginners' Genealogy to the London Forum. Although you may consider yourself a beginner, your search takes you quite far back in the London area. On the London Forum it will hopefully be read by people who have access to earlier London records.

I hope you will receive a lot of help here and that you enjoy being a part of British Genealogy.

PS. Can you please send us some Brazilian sunshine?
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

This looks like Eleonora on the 1841 census at Sloane Street, Chelsea

Class: HO107; Piece 687; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Chelsea; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: 14; Page: 22

Eleonora MILWARD 60
    Marianne MILWARD 30
    Both described as Independent and born in the county.

Her death was registered in Chelsea (Middlesex) in the September quarter of 1855. Volume 1a Page 104 [the page number is my best guess from the original death index, but the writing is very faint]
    Sue Mackay

Here is Eleonora on the 1851 census. The age is more likely to be right than the 1841, where ages were rounded to the nearest 5.

HO107; Piece: 1474; Folio: 354; Pages 16/17

116 Sloane Street, Chelsea

Robert S CARTER Head 54 Annuitant born Devon
    Maria CARTER Wife 40 Annuitant born Essex
    Mary S OLDRIDGE Niece unmarried 23 Annuitant born Devon
    Eleonora MILWARD Mother-in-law Widow 73 Annuitamt born Middlesex Hendon
    + 3 live-in servants
    Sue Mackay

The IGI has a baptism of an Octavius MILWARD on 3 March 1813 at St. Clement Danes, Westminster, son of John and Eleanor Milward.

I have found the following in the listing of Oxford University graduates:

Octavius Rundell MILWARD, 3rd son of John of Kensington, Middlesex, arm. Jesus College, matriculated 6 Dec 1832 aged 20.
    Sue Mackay

gualmilward

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    The IGI has a baptism of an Octavius MILWARD on 3 March 1813 at St. Clement Danes, Westminster, son of John and Eleanor Milward.

I have found the following in the listing of Oxford University graduates:

Octavius Rundell MILWARD, 3rd son of John of Kensington, Middlesex, arm. Jesus College, matriculated 6 Dec 1832 aged 20.
    Yes

Octavius Randell Milward, Maria Louisa Milward, Marianna Milward, Anthony William Milward, Robert Henry Milward, Amelia Milward and Eleonora Sophia Milward, only Robert moved to Brazil.

I still having some old stuffs like letters, money, paintings, books from England. I tried to contact the British Consulate here in Brazil but they are not interested to know about that.

I can't go to England to find more about that because they don't answer me about Dual Citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by gualmilward View Post
    I still having some old stuffs like letters
    Do any of the letters from England have addresses on? Or exact dates?
    Sue Mackay

Default Anthony William Milward

It looks as if Anthony William Milward joined the Royal Navy and died in 1840 while in command of the Hydra.

See https://www.pdavis.nl/ShowBiog.php?id=174
    Sue Mackay

Mutley

Boa Noite Gualmilward,
    Eu falo só um pouco Português mas gostaria do dar boas-vindas ao foro.
    Desfrute

Quote Originally Posted by gualmilward View Post
    Yes

Octavius Randell Milward, Maria Louisa Milward, Marianna Milward, Anthony William Milward, Robert Henry Milward, Amelia Milward and Eleonora Sophia Milward, only Robert moved to Brazil.
    The second name of Octavius is definitely Rundell and not Randell. If you go to Google Book Search
    https://books.google.com
    and type in Octavius Milward you will be able to download a booklet called 'The Annual Biography and Obituary for the Year 1828", which includes the last will and testament of Philip Rundell. he obviously has a connection to Eleanora Bond as he leaves money to Eleanora Milward and lists all the children. There is a great deal of information in this will.

If you put Philip Rundell into a Google Search you will find out a great deal about him. He was a very famous jeweller and founded a firm known as Rundell and Bridge, the royal goldsmiths. I am fascinated by all this so am now going away for a bit to read all about him and hopefully make some connections to your family.
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 21-04-2008 at 6:58 PM. Reason: Addition
    Sue Mackay

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast