Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Could this be a sister of John MILWARD?

From The Monthly Magazine or British Register 1796
    Marriage of Thomas GOLDNEY Esq of St.James Street to Miss Charlotte MILWARD, dau of the late John MILWARD.

From the will of Philip RUNDELL: "I give and beqeath unto Mr. Thomas GOLDNEY the sum of £5,000 and unto his wife, Charlotte GOLDNEY, the like sum of £5,000, and unto each and every of their five children, that is to say Philip GOLDNEY. Adam GOLDNEY, Charlotte GOLDNEY, Amelia GOLDNEY and Eleonora GOLDNEY the sum of £5,000 a piece."
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Default Milwards and Bonds

OK, I have made some discoveries in Pallot's Marriage Index, and combined with some entries from the Gentleman's Magazine I think I have put together some of John (father of Robert Henry) MILWARD's family.

I think these Milwards are brothers and sisters, children of John and Catherine MILWARD of Bromley in Middlesex, but without access to the parish registers I cannot be 100% sure.

Marriages in Bromley (Pallot's Index)

Mary MILWARD m Mark HODGSON 1 June 1789

Amelia MILWARD m Samuel LIPTRAP 9 December 1794
    Amelia MILWARD, minor, with the consent Catherine MILWARD, her mother
    1841 census: Moorhill House, South Stoneham, Hampshire
    Amelia LIPTRAP 65 Ind Not born in county
    Henry DAUBNEY 30 Army Not born in county
    Amelia DAUBNEY 23 Not born in county
    Giles DAUBNEY 1 month born in county

Ann MILWARD m John BOND Junior of Hendon i.e. Eleonora's sister 1795

Charlotte MILWARD m Thomas GOLDNEY 1796

Harriett MILWARD m Nicholas CHARRINGTON Esq 1799
    Harriett MILWARD minor with the consent of Charles Samuel MILWARD, brother and guardian, appointed to said minor by the High Court of Chancery of Great Britain. She had no parents living or guardian appointed by the will of her father.

Charles Samuel MILWARD m Susanna Maria BOND Eleonora's sister
    Source: https://www.toulmin.family.btinternet...n-Le-Sands.htm
    Their daughter Susanna, mentioned in Philip RUNDELL's will, was baptised in St.Paul's, Covent Garden, Middlesex in 1815 (Pallot's)
    Gentleman's Magazine 1849:
    19 Oct: At Ramsgate, Samuel Simpson TOULMIN Esq, Barrister at Law, to Susanna, widow of the Rev.C.F. FERRIS of Cainscross, Gloucestershire, and only daughter of the late C.S. MILWARD Esq. of Bromley, Middlesex.

1851 census: HO107/1495, f.419, p.16
    8 Doughty Street St.Pancras
    Samuel S TOULMIN 49 Barrister born Middlesex, St Georges Bloomsbury
    Susannah TOULMIN 35 born Middlesex, St Pauls Cov.Gdn.
    Margaret S TOULMIN 1 born Middlesex, St.Pancras
    Laura C TOULMIN 7mo born Middlesex, St.Pancras
    Susanna M MILWARD Mother-in-law Widow 79 Annuitant born Middlesex, Hampstead

In the will of Samuel TOULMIN a bequest was made to Mrs. Eleonora Sophia DANVERS

So three MILWARD siblings from Bromley (John, Charles and Ann) married three BOND siblings from Hendon (Eleonora, Susanna and John)
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

gualmilward

Here I am again.
    I was very busy with College and exams.

But now I got some time again!

Well, I'll make a Travel to England around May 2009, then I'll try to find something new.

My hope to find a British relative still alive! hehe!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year people!

mervyn.britton

I some interest in John Christian Curwen Millward (1821-1863) (With 2 Ls?) who was Assistant Civil Architect Island Of Mauritius. He was born in Kensington ist Jan 1821 Christened at Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, Saint Marylebone, London, England 24th June 1821 and died Jun qtr 1863 Edmonton ref:3a 104 Edmonton, London Middlesex, England. He is the son of John (c1799) Millward (Agent) and Minerva Heming who were married 23 Jul 1814 Mackworth, Derby, England. Whilst the spellings are different I consider the importance of John C C Millwards posting Mauritius to be worth consideration. Cheers from Western Australia

oldenburg

Default Rundell, Bond, Kirwan

A sister of Phillip Rundell, Susannah married John Bond, Lord of the Manor of Hendon.Their daughter Elizabeth Ann Bond, b.1780, married Robert Kirwan on 25 Aug 1800 at St Mary's, Hendon.
    I would be grateful for any info on Robert and Elizabeth or the Kirwan family,

oldenburg

Default Millward Bond

The Bond Family Tree 1734-2006 at https://familytreemaker.genealogy.com...ond/index.html
    has 12 Millwards

Hello everyone !
    I am volunteering at the Msida Bastion Garden in Malta where ANTHONY WILLIAM MILWARD R.N. is buried.
    I am looking for some documents related to him for our archives.
    Thanks for your help

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Muriel,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

From what I can see the cemetery was in use between 1806 and 1856.
    I was going to ask if you know when Anthony was buried, and how old he was when he died, but a quick internet search says he either died or was buried on 25 February 1840. He is reported as being the Commander of HMS Hydra.
    A family tree on FamilySearch has his birth (though this may be a baptism date) as 25 November 1801 in Bromley, Middlesex.
    There are two Bromleys in the London/Middlesex area. One is Bromley-by-Bow, which historically was in Middlesex, and is north of the river Thames. The other is just Bromley, which historically was in Kent, and south of the river. I think both Bromleys are now part of Greater London.

I can't find a baptism entry in Bromley-by-Bow for Anthony in Ancestry's London, England, Church of England baptisms, marriages, and burials, 1538 -1812 dataset. And FamilySearch which used to be an extremely good site seems to have updated its search options and when asked for a baptism for Anthony between 1795 and 1895 proceeds to give me such meaningless information as the death of Edith Mary M Millwood in 1871!

As Anthony was (allegedly) the Commander of the ship there may be some records of his service in The National Archives. I've had a brief look without success, but I'm not an expert so someone more experienced may find something.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Me bad. I've just read the whole of this thread, and found it contains some information about Anthony. See posts 8, 29, and 28 - the latter regarding the likely marriage of Anthony's parents.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

He died on 18 Feb 1840 and was buried on 20 Feb 1840.

I need to check if we have a grave, a plaque or only his name on our list.
    I guess he died at sea and it would make sense to only a commemorative plaque. It was a tradition for high-ranked seamen or R.N. members.

The cemetery has been vandalized many times after its closure, abandonned and then, bombed during WWII. So, graves are missing or were destroyed. The 3 surveys we have are incomplete.
    I also found people buried who are not on our list ! So it's sometimes tricky to find some info...

I tracked his family and found his parents and all his siblings.
    One brother moved to New Zealand and was one of the first settlers (Octavius), another one moved to Brazil and was an engineer in gold mines.

I've tried to find the birth record, but it seems they are only available from 1837.

I read the entire thread and am looking for any kind of detail.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast