Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Correction : the grave still exists at Msida, but ther is no monument on it.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel MSIDA View Post
    He died on 18 Feb 1840 and was buried on 20 Feb 1840.

I need to check if we have a grave, a plaque or only his name on our list.
    I guess he died at sea and it would make sense to only a commemorative plaque. It was a tradition for high-ranked seamen or R.N. members.

The cemetery has been vandalized many times after its closure, abandonned and then, bombed during WWII. So, graves are missing or were destroyed. The 3 surveys we have are incomplete.
    I also found people buried who are not on our list ! So it's sometimes tricky to find some info...

I tracked his family and found his parents and all his siblings.
    One brother moved to New Zealand and was one of the first settlers (Octavius), another one moved to Brazil and was an engineer in gold mines.

I've tried to find the birth record, but it seems they are only available from 1837.

I read the entire thread and am looking for any kind of detail.
    I think the major thing is that you've found information about Anthony's parents and siblings. Information which sometimes can be hard to find.
    As I said previously, there may be some information in The National Archives about his naval career, but I'm useless at searching so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone more expert than me will see this thread.
    The only other thing I can suggest is the British Newspaper Archive, where you might find small snippets such as 'promoted to Lieutenant'. Register to search, then pay only to see any results.
    https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345