Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gualmilward View Post
    As I can see there is no more Milward descendent from brothers of Robert, Only me and a small part of my family. It's kind of sad to know about this.
    But it's good to know that the name lives on in Brazil!

I don't know what happened to Octavius Rundell MILWARD. Can't find him at all after he graduated.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

gualmilward

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    But it's good to know that the name lives on in Brazil!

I don't know what happened to Octavius Rundell MILWARD. Can't find him at all after he graduated.
    Yes!
    But was Robert dream, my grandfather told me one day that Robert said this "Please, tell to your sons or grandchildren, go to England find about my dear sister Eleonora and my others brothers." He told this and died 3 months later.

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Boa Noite Gualmilward,
    Eu falo só um pouco Português mas gostaria do dar boas-vindas ao foro.
    Desfrute
    Oooh! You big showoff Mutley

On the Milward front, I have a Milward in my tree - Percival John Impey Milward. Other than who he married, I have no details (he is one of the "must get around to him" jobs on my list!). So if you find any connection with him, I can supply you with details regarding his marriage and wife etc.

Mark

gualmilward

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Oooh! You big showoff Mutley

On the Milward front, I have a Milward in my tree - Percival John Impey Milward. Other than who he married, I have no details (he is one of the "must get around to him" jobs on my list!). So if you find any connection with him, I can supply you with details regarding his marriage and wife etc.

Mark
    Ok, I will take a look here. But I think there is no more Milward descendent from John and Eleonora on England ;/

gualmilward

Sue Mackay, I have others Letters here from Eleonora, If you are interested too I can send to you.

:]

Sue Mackay, I have others Letters here from Eleonora, If you are interested too I can send to you.
    Yes I'd love to see them - I love old letters - and maybe one of them will have a clue.
    Sue Mackay

gualmilward

Sue Mackay, don't you know how to find something about the parents of John Milward? Thanks.

Sue Mackay, don't you know how to find something about the parents of John Milward? Thanks.
    To find more information about John MILWARD it is necessary to look at archives and parish registers which are in London, and I live in Wales. However, that is a lot nearer than Brazil, and when I next go to the Society of Genealogists in London I will keep my eyes open, but this will not be in the next few months.

I have done another search in Google Book Search and have found this from the London Review of 1798.
    Marriage:
    February 13: John MILWARD Esq of Bromley, Bow to Miss Eleanor BOND of Hendon

There was a John MILWARD Esq buried in Bromley church in 1786, so it is probable that John's father was also called John.
    Sue Mackay

Default Anthony Milward

Have also found this in The Gentleman's Magazine for 1840:

Feb 18: At Malta in his 39th year, A.W. MILWARD, commander of Her Majesty's steam ship Hydra, eldest surviving son of the late J. MILWARD Esq of Bromley, Middlesex.

Also in the Gentleman's Magazine for 1854:
    Dec 11: At Budleigh Salterton, Mrs. Sophia MILWARD, dau of the late John MILWARD Esq of Bromley, Middlesex.
    Sue Mackay

Another Gentleman's Magazine entry.

Marriages
    14 August 1862
    At Charfield, Gloucestershire, James GREENFIELD Esq of Brynderwen Monmouthshire and of Cheltenham, to Maria Louisa, youngest daughter of the late John MILWARD Esq of Bromley, Middlesex and widow of R.S. CARTER Esq of Exeter.

I have also found a reference to John MILWARD of Bromley being a distiller.
    Sue Mackay

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast