Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IvorClucas

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    Ivor,

Please can you look for siblings if only to eliminate them from enquiries.

I believe Mary Ann Lloyd died in Lidgmoor 8 Nov 1891 aged 39.
    This may be due to Childbirth as there is a Sarah baptised 7 Nov 1891 parents George and Mary Ann Lloyd.

I believe that there were several children born later to George and Eliza.

Does the index actually quote the maiden name Powell ?
    This would positively link Edith's mother as a Powell by birth.

Please can you provide any details of siblings births you may have.
    Is the date 16 Nov. a birth date or a baptism date ? I assume you are working from a Baptism index ?

Thanks again, SloopJB.
    SloopJB

I am working from an index of civil events not church events so the dates are for births and deaths NOT baptisms and burials. The place for the events therefore are for the registration district NOT necessarily the parish of birth, death or marriage.

The index gives the former name of mothers as given in the civil register so Edith's mother is given as Powell.

I will email you separately off line with further details such as siblings and the death details for Mary Ann later - please confirm that you do not mind me contacting you off line - it is easier to format the lists that way,

Cheers

Ivor

janbooth

Default William POWELL

Sloop,

According to the GRO Index, there is a marriage registration in the March qtr 1846 at Ross registration district (includes both Ballingham and Kings Caple), vol 26, page 319, of a William POWELL and a corresponding enry for an Ann SPENCER.

There is also a birth registration on FreeBMD in the June qtr 1851 at Hereford registration district, vol 26, page 213, of a Mary Ann POWELL which fits in very well with all her census details. It might be worth sending for that to see if her father is a William who is a blacksmith. There is also a birth reg in Hereford in the March qtr 1848 of an Edwin POWELL - food for thought??

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Lightbulb Shared ancestors?!

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    Thanks everyone for your contributions.

I had concluded that George Lloyd married Mary Powell in 1879.

Mary's father was a Blacksmith William Powell if my assumption is correct.

Edith is my greatgrandmother and so I guess I ought to buy her birth certificate. Is the mother's maiden name recorded on certificates at this date.

I started family history when my daughter was born and it took me over 21 years to find out about the Lloyds of Hereford.

My gran was illegitimate and never knew her mother only her name, she was born in Feb 1901.

My only chance to find her mother and her family was to wait until the 1901 census was released and hope.

I was lucky mother and baby ( my grandmother ) were still together on census night so she did have some time with her mother even if she could not remember it. Since approx. 2002 I have been able to trace my Lloyds.

I would love to get in touch with any other Lloyds.

I think Edith died not long after the birth, certainly before 1911.

George was I think a woodman on the local estate.

Mary Ann was supposedly born in All Saints Hereford. I have not found a baptism, although I suspect her parents were William and Ann Powell.

I would be very happy to receive any further suggestions or advice re this family.

My thanks to you all.

Hi there,

The George Lloyd & Mary Ann Powell you are writing about are my great, great grandparents,
    My great grandmother, was their daughter Mary Ann Lloyd, who would have been Edith's sister!

Please do get in touch and perhaps we can fill in any gaps that eachother have in our trees!

Many thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12