Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Privacy on BG

Peter_uk_can

I don't care who becomes me as long as long as they keep paying the mortgage.

Someone cloned my wife's credit card a year or so back, but I don't care 'cos whoever it is, spends much less than my wife did when she had it.

Clive Blackaby

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Until you actually need to deal with your bank via the phone, or the Revenue or other organisations who use the Data Protection Act as an excuse to do nothing that is....

Mark
    Hmmm yes, that touches a nerve. Having spent half an hour on the phone convincing Abbey that I am me, only to get cut off and then go through the whole thing again, I'm now wondering how to convince the revenue men that they seem to have cloned me - I am apparently two people with the same name, address, d.o.b. and NI number ???

jeanettemarie

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_uk_can View Post

It is for this reason that I continually refuse to publish the fact that my prefered night time attire is silk and pink (with cute little bows)
    I think this must paint a pretty picture

I have had a good laugh at the answers to this question, but if somebody is determined to clone us they will, I just hope the one who might clone me puts some money in my bank account to convince people who they are

apehangmom

Default Privacy on BG ..

Very much a case of "Don't write it = Don't read it"

Any text, anywhere on a website has the possibility of being read.

Spiders crawl this and all other forums on a regular basis.

It is for this reason that I continually refuse to publish the fact that my prefered night time attire is silk and pink (with cute little bows)
    ahahahhahahhahahahahhahhhhhaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahh ahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahllllloooooooooollahahhahahahhaha hahahaaaaaaaa OKay yes that was cute. I need light humor on some days... hahhahah

apehangmom

Default privacy...

Yeah I didnt think of the pay sites who will go unmentioned but they start with an A.. and a G and some versions only cover the UK. lol .. But do they have our info as public knowledge( meaning our address , how much we paid in taxes and where we last worked... ? Or did my brother or cousin enter my info?
    I know that some folks were mad at MSN Maps being too ah close for comfort.. one map viewing was really close to the front of the home and you could see the people in it. lol .. or their license tag.. But .. sadly for us.. some of the free information has helped us find lost loved cousins.. and our own family. I guess that if you do a google on your self depending on where you live .. stuff is going to come up... How we can stop that is another question. thanks chris

Peter_uk_can

Chris asks... "How we can stop that is another question"

I believe that there is little use in trying to close the stable door now.

The first horses have now not only gone but are probably grandparents themselves.

davidfowler

Elizabeth
    I've just Googled me and found the following interesting facts. I'm one or all of the following:

the band’s talented Mandolin player
    is the landlord of the Welsh Harp pub
    Prof David Fowler Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
    David Fowler is currently Science Director for Biogeochemistry
    a member of the London Mathematical Society
    President David Fowler, FACT's president, grew up in Chattanooga
    David Fowler is Course Team Leader
    Professor of Social Psychiatry and Consultant Clinical Psychologist
    David Fowler. Orchestral Conductor
    Professor David Fowler. David lives in Boggs Holdings, Pencaitland
    David fowler senior software development consultant
    David Fowler may refer to:. David Fowler (politician) • David Fowler (mathematician)

I can assure you that I'm not! So, Elizabeth, you must be a much more interesting person than me!
    Still, on a serious note, as someone has already pointed out, we live in this sort of society and technology now. Don't put TOO much personal info. about yourself anywhere.

I'm off to do an MSN search now!

David Fowler - the least interesting one.

Guy Etchells

I am sorry but this thread shows to me that people just don't understand what privacy or private information is.

Nothing written on a public forum can by the very nature of a public forum be private.
    Cheers
    Guy

Peter_uk_can

I totally agree with Guy's comments on this.

If we subscribe to forums, message boards, create websites and generally spray our names and details around like confetti, why should it be a suprise when we have a presence on the internet.

Genealogists are constantly using search engines like "Google" to find people. To be able to find anyone and everyone except for ourselves is a contradiction in terms that should not require debate.

jeanettemarie

I totally agree with Guy's comments on this.

If we subscribe to forums, message boards, create websites and generally spray our names and details around like confetti, why should it be a suprise when we have a presence on the internet.

Genealogists are constantly using search engines like "Google" to find people. To be able to find anyone and everyone except for ourselves is a contradiction in terms that should not require debate.

Wll said, I totally agree
    Jeanette

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast