Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    judipete

Hi Roachelle,
    Mary Ann Searl (nee Lavers) born 1th May 1807 who married John Sando Searl 5th September 1830. On 1871 Census they lived in Plymouth. We have Mary Ann Searl's death as recorded in Plymouth July - September 1874 aged 68 (5B 177). The Mary Ann Searl you refer to is 69 years old which gives her a different date of birth. So I do not think your death certificate is for Mary Ann Searl (nee Lavers). Thirsa Tregetes Searl (born 1815) was buried in St Mary & St Julian, Maker 11th May 1827 aged 11 years. (Thyrsa Tregilla Searle on Cornwall Burial Index).

I hope this helps with your searching.
    Judith

chelle1957

Hi Judith

thanks for that info... i will order the certificate you suggested.. and thanks for the heads up on thirza... cheers Roachelle

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have many John Sandoe's from Cornwall in my ancestry (My middle name, my son's middle name and my father's middle name were all John, My paternal grandfather's name was John Jack Sandoe. And it continues upstream from there.
    I believe my 2nd great paternal grandfather was John Sandoe, born 1804 in St Just, Cornwall, died in 1890 in Truro. Believe he had 8 children to an Emma May. Dont know if it is the same John Sandoe in this thread, as he married Emma May in Veryan, Cornwall, England, on October 29, 1831 so it seems unlikely and the other marriage mentioned was in 1830. but I dont have much info on Emma May. His son, James Sandoe, 1850-1895 was my paternal great grandfather.
    A similar line went to Australia: James Sandoe had a son Albert Victor Sandoe (1895-1963) who's daughter Muriel Marie (1928-2012) emigrated to Australia with Geoffery Hugo (1925 to ?). I believe they had 5 children.

Not sure if this helps anyone.

kind regards,
    Paul John Sandoe
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 21-10-2019 at 5:36 PM. Reason: Names of possible living people deleted in accordance with our T&Cs.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwapsk View Post
    I have many John Sandoe's from Cornwall in my ancestry (My middle name, my son's middle name and my father's middle name were all John, My paternal grandfather's name was John Jack Sandoe. And it continues upstream from there.
    I believe my 2nd great paternal grandfather was John Sandoe, born 1804 in St Just, Cornwall, died in 1890 in Truro. Believe he had 8 children to an Emma May. Dont know if it is the same John Sandoe in this thread, as he married Emma May in Veryan, Cornwall, England, on October 29, 1831 so it seems unlikely and the other marriage mentioned was in 1830. but I dont have much info on Emma May. His son, James Sandoe, 1850-1895 was my paternal great grandfather.
    A similar line went to Australia: James Sandoe had a son Albert Victor Sandoe (1895-1963) who's daughter Muriel Marie (1928-2012) emigrated to Australia with Geoffery Hugo (1925 to ?). I believe they had 5 children.
    Not sure if this helps anyone.

kind regards,
    Paul John Sandoe
    Unless I've missed something, no, it isn't.

The John Sando in the first post in this thread is actually John Sando SEARL, one of twin sons born to Matthew SEARL and Philippa nee Sando, circa 1809.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123