ronnie2303

Default ELLIS FAMILY, ABERGELE

Iam trying to find decendants of William Ellis born Gloucestershire 1850
    He was a gardener living at Pentre Mawr,South Lodge, Abergele in 1881 and 1891 census'.His wife Elizabeth is shown as being born at Zeal,Devon [Ihave no other info ] there were I believe 7 children;

Ernest born 1875 in Lancs
    Agnes " 1877 in Abergele
    Alfred " 1878 "
    Fanny " 1880 "
    Gertrude " 1881 "
    Walter " 1885 "
    Joseph " 1887 "

Information on any of their decendants would be appreciated.
    My connection is through Williams only sister Julia who was my great great grandmother [she married Thomas Tombs and moved to South Wales.

Any information would be wonderful.

birdlip

Hello Ronnie,

do Gertrude and Fanny ever appear together on the same census? I just have an idea they could be the same person. Freebmd has a Gertrude Fanny Ellis b Sep 1880 St Asaph 11b 357, there is no plain Gertrude in the date range, though there is a Frances b Jun 1883 St Asaph 11b 367. What do you think?

Assuming the family hadn't moved away from Abergele, AND didn't marry outside the district, there is a possible marriage for Joseph;

Dec 1914 Joseph Ellis m Frances Williams St Asaph 11b 583

regards birdlip

ronnie2303

Default ELLIS FAMILLY ABERGELE

Thank you.......you are correct Fanny is in the 1881 census and Gertrude in the 1891 census so thank you for that info.I will now try to get a copy of certificates...being cheeky do you know where I should apply for such copies.........................Ronnie2303

Jan1954

First, find the birth reference, if you can. It'll be cheaper.

Then, click on the link below and follow the ordering certificates online procedure that starts in the box on the right-hand side.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Meanwhile, I'll have a look for birth references for you.

Jan1954

Talking Ta-da!

Births Sep 1880
    ELLIS Gertrude Fanny St. Asaph 11b 357

ronnie2303

Default ELLIS FAMILY ABERGELE

Thank you for your help much appreciated............Ronnie2303

Jan1954

You're welcome.

Mind you, I suppose if we'd looked for the birth registration in the first place, the lightbulb might have come on sooner

birdlip

Hello again Ronnie,

I'm glad you think my hunch about Gertrude Fanny may be correct. I did actually include the birth registration details for her in my original post, but it was in the body of the text and not on a separate line, so was probably easy to overlook. Anyway, you've got the link for ordering online, which is the main thing. Good luck, and do let us know how you got on.

regards birdlip

RAZMATAZ

HI RONNIE
    GERTRUDE FANNY ELLIS WAS MY MOTHER'S STEP MOTHER WHO MARRIED MY GRANDFATHER THOMAS POWELL
    DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF THE ELLIS FAMILY ?