Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    v.wells

I only mentioned the Ethel Livesley as she may be one you are looking for in the future. I'm sure we will keep looking for your Emma Livesley.

Frank

Default Mary Beck, James Walton,

Hello again,

Firstly to the best of my knowledge the WALTON`s were not romanys, bu
    of course as parr for the course I will be proved wrong.

One of James and Mary`s sons Thomas WALTON went on to become parish Priest at Alston, near Longridge, Lancashire, so possibly they were Catholics.

I obtained details of their marriage through familysearch.org. which contradicting me shows they were married at the Church of England, Parish Church, Bolton le Sands. Lancs Record Office DRB 2/33-36.

All the Best,
    Frank.
    PS. I do not know ther area too well but my late wife and myself used to visit
    her uncle at Grizebeck, is that any where near.

Astoria

Default Morning Frank

Marriage: 18 Jul 1825 Holy Trinity, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England
    James Walton - shoemaker of the parish of Lancaster
    Mary Beck - (X), spinster of this parish
    Witness: William Aschew, (X); Agnes Boardley, (X)
    Married by Banns by: Robert Gibson Vicar
    Register: Marriages 1813 - 1837, Page 34, Entry 100
    Source: IGI - M005804, Film 1849647

Off to work soon, but just found this, any use?

Frank

Default Toulmins.

Hello Astoria,

No to the best of my knowledge I have no Toulmins in my tree. Can I ask why.

Secondly the marriage details of James WALTON, yes thats the one, thats mine.

All the Best and thanks again,
    Frank.

Starting to feel at home

I appreciate this is an old thread but my great grandfather was Jeremiah Jones\Troth\Smith. I wonder if anyone in their search had any additional information on Thomas Jones. He appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared again having it seems lived with and had 2 children with Ann Ellen.

Also as to the father of Ann Ellen. Hannah Troth her mother married John Smith not too long after her birth. It would appear John's first wife Ann must have died. Again I wonder if anyone has looked at the possibility of John Smith being Ann Ellen's father? or if there are records I cannot find of Hannah living with anyone else prior to the birth of Ann Ellen. Any pointers much appreciated as the male line of this family seems to fade away around these 2 generations. Thank you Brian

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Smith View Post
    Also as to the father of Ann Ellen. Hannah Troth her mother married John Smith not too long after her birth. It would appear John's first wife Ann must have died. Again I wonder if anyone has looked at the possibility of John Smith being Ann Ellen's father?
    Ann Ellen was baptised as Ann Ellen Price TROTH and she used the maiden surname PRICE when the births of Emma and Jeremiah were registered. I would say that her biological father was thought to be a Mr PRICE.

For some reason this thread wasn't moved from the Introduce yourself forum back in 2008. As it is a research thread I have moved it to the Lancashire forum and given it the title Walton/Beck/Jones/Smith/Troth.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Hi Dundee10 thank you for picking this up. I have a copy (only from the internet) of the baptism records for Emma and Jeremiah and both show that the parents were Thomas and Ann Ellen Jones. If I could have your source for the Price surname that would be great.

I thought about Price as the father's name but wanted to also explore the possibility it was a family name from either the Troth or (John) Smith line. Just seems a bit off John taking on a young mother when he had a family of his own. Brian

Dundee10

Frank has Emma's birth certificate...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

I obtained the birth cert. for Emma and that shows Ann Helen maiden name as Ann Ellen Price.
    I don't know which one it is but as Hindley is in the Wigan reg. district it may be this one with the mother's surname mistranscribed:

JONES, EMMA
    Mother's maiden surname: PRIER
    GRO Reference: 1854 December Quarter in WIGAN Volume 08C Page 60

Jeremiah's birth:

JONES, JEREMIAH
    Mother's maiden name: PRICE
    GRO Reference: 1860 March Quarter in BRIDGNORTH Volume 06A Page 595

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

Starting to feel at home

I have just looked up the GRO records and will send for Jeremiah's birth cert. I will see what if anything I can find in Ann and Hannah's past to identify a Price but have little faith in any name used by this lady, she changes christian and surnames along with where the family were born on a regular basis.

The record of Ann's birth shows Ann Ellen Price Troth illegitimate daughter of Hannah Troth along with her using the surname Jones to register the birth and baptism of Jeremiah.

I still need to follow up on Thomas Jones Jeremiah's father and John Smith who married Hannah and from who Ann took her final surname and therefore the reason I am a Smith not a Troth, Jones or Price etc. Thank you for your help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast