matthewdeller

Default WATKINS/JENNINGS IN DORSTONE

Richard Watkins b. 1769
    Sarah Jennings b. 1791

Children Ann and James

Both born in Dorstone.

Can anyone help me local marriage record and baptism records. Attempting to go a generation back.

Mutley

IGI has their marriage 30 June 1813 - Dorstone. Parents details are not given on the extraction.

Richard Watkins 10 Feb 1770 at Dorstone, son of John and Theodocia.

Anne Watkins, 06 May 1827 at Dorstone, daughter of Richard and Sarah
    James Watkins 01 May 1831 at Dorstone, son of Richard and Sarah

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....Hereford.htm#D

matthewdeller

Thanks Mutley. Were the DOBs taken from IGI as well?

Mutley

Sure were.
    If you click on the link in the above post it takes you to the IGI Dorstone extractions. Click on the blue link. C is for christenings and M marriages.

If you enter a surname in the next screen it will take you to all events in that parish for that name.

Then you can see for yourself any others you may be able to tie in.

Karl D Jennings

Jennings in Dorstone...

Hello,
    My fathers family came from Kidderminster and their forefathers "Jennings " came from Dorstone...James Jennings b.1831 in Dorstone..married Maria Clara Hatton Hughes...maybe you have come across their names on your researches...
    Would be interested in any infos

Regards

Karl Jennings

Jan1954

Hello Karl - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Unfortunately, matthewdeller is no longer a member of the forum and so will not be able to respond to your post.

Karl D Jennings

Hi Jan,

Thanks..... will have to keep searching...

janbooth

Karl,

Have you traced any further back than James JENNINGS and his wife Maria HUGHES? I have the Herefordshire Marriage Index so may be able to help you trace their parents. James is in the 1841 census of Dorstone (HO107/427/13, folio 7, page 8) with (presumably) mother Ann, aged 25 born Herefordshire and siblings Ann, Eliza, Harriet & Elizabeth. By the 1851 census of Dorstone (HO107/2491, folio 362, page 7) it looks as if Ann has remarried a Charles RICE and her birthplace is shown as Winforton, so presumably her original husband died some time prior to the 1841 census.

According to the Herefordshire Marriage Index, there is a marriage at Dorstone on 3 December 1829 of a Thomas JENNINGS and an Anne EAST which would fit in well datewise with the birth of eldest son James on the 1841 census. There are two death registrations for a Thomas JENNINGS in the Sep qtr 1839 at Hereford reg district which again would fit in very well with the 1841 census information.

There is a marriage at Winforton on 5 June 1803 of a Richard EAST of Eardisley and Ann BADHAM which could be relevant to you. However, I do not want to repeat any information you already have, so if I can help you further, please get back to me.

Janet

Census records courtesy TNA
    Last edited by janbooth; 07-08-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Extra text