Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jessica1877

Default Webbs of Devon..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisann View Post
    Hi Jessica, i have Webbs from Devon 1800s. Do you have a William E Webb b1810?? hes an elusive fellow this one! lol cheeers and good hunting, im new to this also. chris
    Hello Chris,

Thanks for your email; I haven't been on this forum for a while!
    No, my Webb, as far as I know, is from Shepton Mallet, Somerset, but you never know. Here are the details;

William Dyke-----Hester Webb
    mid?1700's--1801 mid 1700's---?
    ((In fact Hester is the only 'Webb', whilst the name Webb appears as a middle name in other instances))
    Had 1 child (illigitimate; William Dyke left money to his son naming Hester Webb as his mother)

<<All Webb/Webb Dykes, are of Shepton Mallet>>

William Webb Dyke---m.----Ruth (Surname unknown)
    Born late 1783/6?--1842 1779--1853
    William & Ruth had;
    Isaiah Webb Dyke---who married---Ann Baker (Of Wiltshire)
    1818-1897 about 1818--
    Daughter;
    Emily Webb Dyke---married---Samuel Clapp (of Tiverton, Devon)
    b.1840's
    & they had;
    William Henry Clapp----Florence Lavinia Denyer
    1874---
    & they had;
    Florence Mary Clapp-----Frederick Steer
    1902--1992
    Son;
    Peter Steer----Alison Steel
    1930--1987 (living)
    Daughter;
    My mum (living)
    & Me

If any of those names mean anything, I'd love to know. I've got a big tree with various names, and I'm always discovering more; I'd love to know more about the Clapps (maybe older generation, Cornish I wonder? but so far only Tiverton, Devon...) Webb/Webb Dyke/Dykes and also Bakers.

Well, thanks again,
    Take care,
    Bye for now,
    Jess
    UK

chrisann

Hi Jess, no i dont have any of your Webbs in my tree (as far as i know). My names are Webb/Hornabrooke/Walter/Smith/Hodges/Green/Steward. Im sure your info will help lots of other people though! good hunting. cheers chrisann

Nicolina

have just come across this thread and wondered where your Walmsleys are from. I have living ones in Yorkshire (my cousin married into the family) although I've not looked into them (as yet).

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jessica just found your north and south roots post. I hope you still check this thread. I have just recently been researching theSteers. The Frederick in your post born 1897 in York is my husbands grandfathers brother. His grandfather is George Patrick Steer born 1890 to Henry and Mary Feeny. I may be able to help you with Mary Feeny my husbands sister Sally visited this family a number of years ago with her father Eric

Hello Anne,
    I haven't checked this forum in some time but I've just found your post and several others on different threads , all very exciting! I had to re register as couldn't fathom what email I'd used, I tried various combinations , but can't work it out ; I have different emails for different reasons, but I tried all of them and nothing let me re set my password!
    Anyway, hope you see my belated reply!
    Oh wow, yes, I'd love to learn if there's any new clues about Mary Ann Feeney.....since starting this thread, I received one day a copy of a fantastic photograph of Mary Ann Feeney & Henry Steer ; it's the only photo I have of this mysterious woman who left her family and was later found by some of her children, 'in reduced circumstances' in Manchester, circa , trying to remember, 1910's/1920's or so , but her fate beyond that is unknown. I look forward to learning more!
    Thanks again,
    Bye for now,
    Jess

I have just noticed that this thread in the Introduce Yourself Forum has turned into a 3-page research thread on several lines of research, so I have moved it to the General English Family History where it can continue to grow without confusing anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123