Annie Maddock

Default CALEY / BATTY Family

Hi there

I am new to this list and would like to introduce my area of research interest.

I am especially interested in WILLIAM ROBERT CALEY who was born circa 1874 on the Isle of Man. He later moved to Yorkshire where he met and married ANN BATTY, before immigrating to South Africa.

Their three sons were all born in South Africa. Wesley Batty Caley (1898), George Caley (1900) and Richard Auldyn Caley (1902).

Wesley Batty Caley was my grandgather.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested in this family line.
    Best wishes
    Annie

w.miller70

Default OLD BATTY FAMILY BIBLE & PRAYER BOOK

Hello, I saw your message and wondered whether you would be intereseted in acquiring the following two lovely old leather bound books containing written BATTY FAMILY HISTORY: a pair of leather bound books, one a bible, one a prayer book both belonging to the family of BATTY and dated to the early 1800’s. The larger has a hand sewn leather cover with lacing to the inside. On the inner cover it has the name of Arthur Batty written in calligraphy, on the next page it has a list of many members of the Batty family and when & where they were born, starting as ‘The children of Arthur & Anne Batty, Winifred? Born Lawbirke, 1818, Isabella 1820 and another (unreadable) on the 18th January 1822. Thomas Dawson born at Copyhouse 1823 and John 1826. The list continues on and ends in 1831 with Joseph.
    Thanks, William

D Caley Miller

Hi Annie, My mother was the daughter of William and Catherine Anne CALEY whose 1st son was William Robert CALEY by his first wife Catherine CANNELL. William was born on 4.3.1840 at Lezayre in the Isle of Man whilst William Robert was born on 26.3.1872 in Liverpool, England.

I have quite a bit of information about the CALEY family in the Isle of Man that I can relay to you. Regards, D Caley Miller

Jan1954

Hello D Caley Miller - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Unfortunately, Annie is no longer a member of the forum and so may well not see your message.

Good luck with your research,

Annie_Maddock

Hi D Caley Miller
    I am VERY interested in your story here. Please get hold of me so that we can exchange information. I am so very excited to "meet" a family member after such a very long search. Best wishes Annie ([email protected])