Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: f/h .merioneth

kaya

Hi Linda,
    No I'm sorry, but you have helped me in so many way, I wish to thank you but I hope we can still chat
    Many thank
    Kaya

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This has been a rewarding thread to watch, as often people think Wales a difficult place to research. Good stuff Linda.

Kaya, perhaps you could start a thread of your own on some of these people you've mentioned, they will get more notice that way. Use a different Title tho' or it will be confused with Tonys'.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

elunedllwyd

Hi Kaya, Was browsing Lloyd/Llwyd Cwm Bychan-Nannau,came across this site. My mother was the last in her branch of the Lloyds of Cwm Bychan. I've been researching for some years on and off! I have a geneology through the male line with references. The first Lord of Nannau was Cadwgan Prince of Powys, his father was Bleddyn ap Cynfyn Prince of Powys/Deheubarth. The Llwyds/Lloyds of Cwm Bychan directly descended from this family. Names often have different spellings or change in time! Howel (Hywel) Lloyd was the son of Dafydd Llwyd (the first at Cwm Bychan) in direct descendancy. The Hywel Nanney you mention may belong to another branch of the Nannau family.The last Lloyd of Cwm Bychan John Lloyd 1826-1911, sold Cwm Bychan 1886.He emigrated to Kansas,some Lloyds left for countries around the world including Australia. Miners. Lloyds had connection to Glyndwr.Hope this snapshot is helpful. Can be very confusing and easy to be sidetracked when researching. A lot of nonsense written too!! Hope to hear from you. Mary

elunedllwyd

Hi Tony, Evan Lloyd (Cwm Bychan) c.1700-1785 married Ann Prys in 1720. His first of 3 wives. She was daughter of Robert Prys of Gerrdi Bluog, she was baptised at Llanfair in May 1697, she descended on mothers side from Edmund Prys, archdeacon of Merioneth in the reign of Elizabeth 1, one of Wales great literay figures.
    Evan Lloyd is written about in Pennants 'tours of Wales'. Ann Prys info from Lewis Lloyds 'The last Lloyd of Cwm Bychan'
    How are you connected? My mother was the last in her branch of the Lloyds.
    Regards Mary.

dcb_nwh

I have been looking at the Nanney family and Lloyds of Dolobran, if you are still looking.

David

elunedllwyd

Hi David,
    I don't think the Lloyds of Dolobran were related to my Lloyds of Cwm Bychan- they were descended from the Nannau family however. I guess the Nanney's you're looking at? If you want to discuss please drop me a msg.
    Mary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123