Ramy

Default New Member looking for Gunter, and much more

Hello from across the pond. My name is Ramy and I'm hoping to find some more information (as with everyone else here). I've been researching my genealogy for about 4 years and I've found 1369 people, approximately 90+ generations (that includes cousins) including LOTS of Brisith Royalty. I am currently trying to find more about Anne Gunter, daughter of Brian Gunter, during the reign of King James I. She was born in 1584 and, yes, she's the one her father "bewitched". I believe she may be a cousin and I would like to make that connection. Any info on her descendants, would be wonderful.

I'm very happy to be a member of this forum! I can't wait to find some living cousins over here!

Ramy

CRIPES

HI Ramy,

I know of the Annie Gunter you speak of.

I'm sure you know that a book was written about the episode in her life you mention. About her being a supposed Witch.

As far as I know the book is out of print...but you maybe able to purchase a secondhand copy online if you look.

I have been lucky in this way and have both the hardback and paperback versions of the book.

What is it you are looking to find out?.
    I do have Annie in my tree and can maybe help you with your enquiry.

I have only been reseacrhing my family since last July...but I already have over 5500 folks in my tree. Including some 500 Gunters...

Regards
    Koczar

Ramy

Well, it's been a little while since I wrote that post, but I'll give it a try. I'll send you my line in a personal message. Basically, I want to know if Anne is indeed a cousin. And of course, I really want to know of living cousins I have in Britain. In just under 9 years, my husband and I plan to transfer his employment to Europe and we want to travel to where our ancestors came from!! I'm really excited.

~Ramy

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there
    I myself am researching an Isabella Gunter. Born abt 1810-16,West Indies I think from census info. Isabella married a Thomas Watkins in Much Birch Herefordshire in 1832. They are ny 4 x G. Grandparents. I have no info on Isabella before marriage.
    Do you have Isavella in your tree.
    Many thanks
    Pam