Thread: Hurst Family

doverrog

Default Hurst Family

The Hurst family has a number of branches around Oxford including such villages as Great Milton, Great Haseley, Coombe, Wheately and Leckhamstead.
    If you are researching the Hursts you may like to consider joining a project which is endevouring to establish firm links between our various branches and link us back to the 1400's.
    There is a Hurst Family DNA project which has already got contributors from both the UK and the USA,
    The Hurst Family DNA project is dedicated to helping genealogists find lost relatives when the paper trail ends and the brick wall takes its place. It uses a painless cheek scraping to obtain DNA that can help accurately determine a relationship with either a 99.9% probability of YES or a 100% certainly that no near term relationship existed.
    Males can join:
    A Surname Project which could be very helpful to verify relationships with individuals that share a similar surname.
    There is also a one Y-DNA Geographical Project to verify a possible point of origin for the paternal line.
    Females and Males can join:
    A one mtDNA Lineage Project that researches individuals that have or suspect having the same maternal line.
    Also a one mtDNA Geographical Project to verify a possible point of origin for the maternal line.
    As a participant in this project I would love to hear from others who may like to join in linking our various family branches together. We already have good research from Parish Records etc but this 21st century method looks set to be a valuable aid yo our further research.
    Please let me know if you are at a 'brick wall' or would like to participate.

ajhpayne

I know this is an old message to reply to, but I am looking to try and get in touch with my Hurst family members, as well as to find out more about the family history, which I know little about.

My Hursts come from the Midlands (Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire).

My Great grandfather Joseph Hurst supposedly researched into the family history 50 years ago or more, a fact I only recently remembered hearing when I was young, back in the early 1960's soon before he died.

If I can be of any help in filling in some gaps, that would be great. To find other family members, that would be even better.

Best Regards
    Tony Payne

Knowledgeable and helpful

I work with a Hurst who has traced his family tree back to farmers in Staffordshire. If you PM me I can pass on your email if you wish.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

HI not sure if theses names help, my Grandad's dad was Albert Hurst, his sons were Sydney, Norman and a sister I am yet to find the name out. my Grandad Sydney was born in Leicestershire, then spread out to Yorkshire, Northants Oxon and Bucks.
    I can only surmise with out hard evidence that Norman and sister were also born in Leicester or the shire.

Jason