Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Daxo

Default "The Homes for Little Boys, Swanley, Kent"

I would like to get in touch with any one who was at the Swanley, or descendents of any one who was there as a boy or staff member between 1883 and 1955.
    It was known as a Naval Orphanage and many boys joined the Merchant Navy or the Royal Navy.
    Last edited by Mutley; 19-04-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Hope you do not mind, I added Kent to your title

Spuddy

Smile mr david rudd

Quote Originally Posted by Daxo View Post
    I would like to get in touch with any one who was at the Swanley, or descendents of any one who was there as a boy or staff member between 1883 and 1955.
    It was known as a Naval Orphanage and many boys joined the Merchant Navy or the Royal Navy.
    i was in this boys home from 1950 1955 from there i was sent 2 farningham boys home till march 1958

Mutley

There is a picture here
    www.
    passmoreedwards.org.uk/pages/Hospitals/Swanley.htm

debm01

Hi it's me again

My Dad was at Farningham home for little boys. Swanley Home for little boys was a different home as far as i know. I just found out there are some records for the homes held at the Centre for Kentish Studies. The details of the collection are available on their website www.kentarchives.org.uk ; if you enter cks-cc/c-e/s/193 in the text search box for Horton Kirby and cks-cc/c-e/s/358 for Sutton at Hone it will list the relevant records.

Centre for Kentish Studies
    Sessions House, County Hall
    County Rd
    Maidstone Kent ME14 1XQ

Hope that helps

Deborah

vicsimmo

Smile

I was at Swanley from 1928 until 1934 then joined the Royal Hospital School
    joined the Navy in 1938 Commissioned in 1953 and retired in 1969. I am at the moment eighty six years young. I remember well the assebly hall , the ships mosdels and the organ where we were caned bent over the steps.
    Be interested to hear from you

derek revy

Default Derek Revy

I was at the swanley homes with my brother betwen the years of 1952 -55we were then transferred to the Farningham home in where we stayed until 1956 and were then taken to the Family group home in Southborough Nr Tunbridge wells

derek revy

Default Del Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
    i was in this boys home from 1950 1955 from there i was sent 2 farningham boys home till march 1958
    I was in the swanley boys home from 1952-55 and was then transferred to the farningham home where I stayed until 1956 when I was then sent to a family group home oin Southborough

Mutley

Hello Derek,
    Sadly, those that posted on this thread do not seem to have returned to know the outcome.
    However, they do seem to have agreed to accept emails.

If you click on their user name (above the words 'Newcomer to Brit-Gen) then a drop down list of options appear. The third one is,
    Send email to *****

Might be worth a try.

derek revy

Default Philip Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by derek revy View Post
    I was at the swanley homes with my brother betwen the years of 1952 -55we were then transferred to the Farningham home in where we stayed until 1956 and were then taken to the Family group home in Southborough Nr Tunbridge wells
    I wonder if there is an above mentioned name who was at swanley home during the time that i was there with my brother who is able to contact me by email address

alantank

Default spuddy recognised name straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
    i was there too went to reunion yesterday speak to you soon tanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast