robbiej

Default OLD PHOTO OF 'EDERSLEA' LENZIE..CARDROSS?.SCOTLAND

I Have tried and tried to upload a photo of this house, but for some reason ! It will not go - every time I am, told too big - If it was any smaller you would not see it !
    However. It is a house that according to my Mother's Photo album is where she WAS BORN, and called "EDERSLEA".... and is in Lenzie - which I think is Dumbarton area.
    It shows a house with two LARGE 'dormer' windws upstairs and in the DOWNSTAIRS centre front is an ornate front porch with little spires on it. Above which seems to be a gable, also with ornate work on it.
    The upstairs windows/rooms are bow shaped with four windows each, Under these is a room with two windows.(on each side of the front entrance) A flag pole is in the garden.
    The house looks as if it expands further out the other side as I can see other windows and roofing.Two tall chimneys at this end and two at the far end.
    It must be set in a farm area as there are other photos of the gardens and trees, and one of a group of family standing by a large urn and also a big concrete? roaring lion. (My Grandfather Wm.Baillie Hair,B/1862, was a House Factor,
    I would gladly load a photo - IF someone could tell me how as I don't seem to have any luck.
    Thanks...maybe someone will know the house/farm???

busyglen

If you look at this thread, it will give you the instructions on how to attach a photo.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ead.php?t=4169

Good luck!

Addition: If you go to the message by Mary Young, it gives you the directions for using Photobucket which a lot of us use.

Glenys
    Last edited by busyglen; 25-02-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: additional note

ChrisKelly

Maybe there's someone on this forum who is familiar with Lenzie and the house you mention, but it might be easier and more fruitful to get in touch with the Lenzie community directly, eg: Lenzie Village. There's even a Lenzie forum ...
    Good luck.

Geoffers

Also see the poster's other thread on the same subject.

To avoid confusion, or two members of the forums doing the same research in relation to this, I've linked the other thread to this and closed it.

Any replies, please just use this thread.

Thanks

robbiej

Thank you for the advice re. Photo Bucket, I have M'soft Digital Photo Prog. and Ashampoo which I use regualarly. Still cannot get a photo on - keeps saying too big or whatever..so will give it a miss. By what I read some others have the same problem. However.... If anyone does recognise it from the description That would be great ! Remote I guess.
    I tried Royal Mail and did a message.. Hope sprigs eternal ! As for the Maps - It came up as Not known !! strange, but I will try again.
    Thank you everyone, and Moderatory - My humble apologies. Put it down to a new one with an old head !
    Thanks.

robbiej

Yes - again ..The house/Farm? is "EDESLEA' in Lenzie, I think..in..Dumbartonshire. Cadross ofcourse. Type error on my part.
    Someone may know the area and be able to confirm that it is still there.
    I have mailed the Royal mail. Cannot get the map up but will look around for another. Have posted on the Lenzie site. Thank you one and all.

JamoTron

Default Photo of Lenzie

Robbiej,

Not sure if you're still looking for information on this photo, but I grew up in Lenzie (about 10 miles NE of Glasgow) and know the town pretty well, if you want to send me a copy/scan of the pic, I'll see if i can recognise it, additionally, I could possibly point it out on google earth.