Hi Joanne , thanks for the message and the tips , would be great to connect by email mine is James
at jamesdawsonproperty dot com dot au - ( hope this works

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Howard View Post
Hi James, It is nice to be in contact as we are related. I don't actually have you in my tree but Marian Hamilton Smith married Joseph Robert Barrington Dawson and I assume you come down this line. Marian had a sister Emma Hamilton Smith which is the line I descend from. Charles Hamilton Smith is my 4th Great Grandfather.
John Francis Smet, his brother has a will on Ancestry which also explains why Charles changed his name to Smith.
It might be nice to chat via email, but I am not sure how to privately give you my email address.I will look into this.
The information in the Dictionary of National Biography is I think the same as was written in a letter I read, that Charle's daughter Emma Hamilton Smith had written. I think she was his assistant.She did not marry.
Charles was a prolific artist and much of his work is available on the internet. Bear in mind that there is another Charles Hamilton Smith.
With best wishes, Joanne.