Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    murraymint

Hi Judith

Thank you for all your infomation, its been a great help, I am would like to find all Greer Quinn brother's marriages and families if possible, I found Isaac William Quinn marriage yesterday, his occupation was a coppersmith his father Greer Quinn was a Blacksmith.
    Suannah Quinn's daughter Maryann Range is my Gt Grandmother
    Best regards
    Murray

murraymint

Hi Judith

Thank you for all your Information, it was a great help,
    I found Isaac William Quinn's marriage in Liverpool yesterday, his occupation was a coppersmith his father Greer Quinn was a Blacksmith
    I would like to have all the Greer's brother's marriages and families if possible
    Susannah Quinn daughter Maryann Range was my gt grandmother.
    Any information regarding Suannah or James would be appreciated
    Best regards
    Murray

joycequinn

Hello all, I have also been researching the Quinn's, I found an Isaac William Quinn married Anna Carron in St Peters Liverpool 1852 and his son Isaac Greer Quinn born 1853 Liverpool went to live in Utah I have a link that his death certificate can be found at. I must say that Isaac Greer Quinn states his father's name is Isaac Greer Quinn.

https://pilot.familysearch.org/record...hType=standard

I might be wrong as Judith has slightly different information to me as I also found Isaac in 1851 census also living at 35 Mersey Street, Liverpool he was a silver plate worker which could mean tinsmith.

Joyce

judipete

Default QUINNS of NEWRY

Hello Murray and Joyce,
    Here is some information about James Quinn (1819 - 1897)
    Born Newry Ireland and resided 1837 in New Street Calton, Barony of St Luke's Glasgow. Emigrated to Port Adelaide 6th December 1837 in the ship "Navarino" with his presumed wife Elizabeth Goodman(1819 - 1906) whose family lived in Calton Glasgow, (parents are James and Elizabeth Goodman). I can find no record of a marriage as it is just pre-registration, but this does not mean they were not married. Elizabeth was named as wife on the ship's register. They were assisted passengers to become labourers in the new colony.

James began work clearing and grubbing the streets of Adelaide. He bought a very small plot of land in Glen Osmond (now suburb of Adelaide). When gold was discovered in Bendigo Victoria, he travelled there and we believe made some money, because he returned to buy land and settled at Yankalilla South Australia. His mother Susanna Reed (1792 -1862) died at Yankalilla, aged 70 yrs. We believe she must be buried on the property or nearby. James moved from Yankalilla to properties near copper mining and goldmining, north of Adelaide, from where where his children were married. He died at Glen Osmond and both he and his wife Elizabeth Goodman are buried in the Glen Osmond Anglican Church cemetery.

Their children are:
    James Greer Quinn baptised 12th August 1838 Holy Trinity Adelaide; buried 21st May 1916 West Terrace Cemetery Adelaide
    John Quinn born 2nd September 1840 - died 1912 buried in Hamley Bridge South Australia
    Susannah Quinn born 1843 (no official record of her birth in Australia) died 9th March 1915 in Maylands Western Australia (My gt grandmother)
    Elizabeth Quinn born 31st May 1845 - no death date
    Ellen Quinn born 1850 - no death date
    Henry Quinn born 5th March 1852 - no death date
    Jane Quinn born 1855 -died 1894
    Thomas Quinn born 15th December 1856 in Inderella ,Yankalilla died ?1880
    Agnes Quinn born ?1859 died 1942 West Terrace Cemetery Adelaide

In regard to Isaac William Quinn, thank you Joyce for the information regarding the marriage of Isaac William and his son Isaac Greer Quinn. I would be more inclined to think the name of his father on the death certificate in Utah was an error by the informant at the time of death, as in my research, this kind of mistake has happened on a number of death certificates. But who knows.
    It is great to be tracking the Quinn family in this way. Good luck
    Judith

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Quinns

Quote Originally Posted by judipete View Post
    Hi Murray,
    The information on Greer Quinn and his daughter Susannah comes from Lyn James on this site. Greer Quinn (23rd April 1824, Newry, baptised 2nd May 1824 St Mary Newry - Died of an accidental blow to the head in his work on the docks/ships 15th April 1863). The inquest was held on 2nd May 1863. Greer Quinn had married Bridget Campbell on 13th October 1843 in Newry and on 1st February 1844, he was resident in High Street Newry. On 13th March 1850 he was a resident at 6 Brick Street Liverpool. In various records he was a labourer, blacksmith and a shipsmith.

Isaac William Quinn brother of Greer above, was born approx. 1832 in Newry. In 1841 he resided in New Bird Street and was a blacksmith's apprentice and in 1851 he resided in 35 Mersy Street Liverpool and was a tin plate worker. He married Elizabeth or Eliza .... in Liverpool. He died after 1852.

Susannah Quinn daughter of Greer Quinn and Bridget Campbell was born 1st February 1844 in Newry Down and baptised 3rd February 1844 in Newry. From 1851 she resided in 35 Mersy Street Liverpool. She can be traced through the census then, until she died of broncho pneumonia 31st March, 1891. As you mention, she married William Range 30th May 1864 in Liverpool. William Range later married Elizabeth Mercer on 31st January 1892.

I hope this helps your research. I will need more time to go into James Quinn and I am not sure of the connection for you.
    Good luck
    Judith
    My name is Steve Owens from Liverpool. My mother was winifred Quinn and my grandfather was John Henry Quinn. They are related to Greer Quinn and I have been researching the family tree . There are many Quinn dependents still in Liverpool through John Henry and my mother is still alive at 93 years old.
    Any contact of information would be greatly appreciated.

I have located some of the family graves in Anfield Cemetry.

Regards

Steve Owens

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by LynJames View Post
    Hi Judith

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay. Here is a my story in a little more detail.

1791 Greer Quinn senior born Ireland (calculated from Liverpool death certificate and Liverpool census of 1851)
    1791 Susannah Reed born Ireland (calculated from Liverpool death certificate and Liverpool census of 1851)
    1815 Greer Quinn and Susannah Reed married Newry. Parish record describes Greer as a nailor. Both of Newry.
    1821 Henry Quinn (first known son) born Newry (parish record verified)
    1824 Greer Quinn junior born Newry (parish record verified)
    1827 William Quinn born Newry (parish record verified)
    1830 John Quinn born Newry (personally submitted IGI entry)
    1832 Isaac Quin born Ireland (calculated from 1851 Liverpool census)
    1836 Agnes Quinn born Newry (parish record verified)
    1841 Greer Quinn senior, blacksmith and Susannah in New Bird St, Liverpool
    1843 Greer Quinn junior and Eliza Campbell married, Newry. No occupation given. (parish record verified)
    1844 Susannah Quinn born, Newry to Greer Quinn and Bridget (personally submitted IGI entry). Query here ... mother Eliza or Bridget?
    1850 Joseph Quinn, son of Greer jun and Bridget born (calculated from 1851 Liverpool census), no record birth in Liverpool
    1851 Greer Quinn senior and Susannah in Mersey St Liverpool
    1851 Greer Quinn junior and Bridget in Mersey St, Liverpool
    1859 Greer Quinn senior dies Liverpool (death certificate)
    1863 Greer Quinn jun dies Liverpool (death certificate)
    1864 George Quinn, last son of Greer junior born Liverpool after death of father

Both Greers are my direct ancestors.

I have nothing from any Liverpool record that says either of them were from Newry. All census records simply state Ireland. They are both listed as blacksmiths in all censuses and death records. That occupation is similar to nailor. It is the occupation, the calculated years of birth and the unusual name that led me to believe they are from Newry.

You say your Greer Quinn (husband of Susannah Reed) died in Ireland. Do you have any more information on this death? My Susannah Quinn (nee Reed) disappears after the 1851 census in Liverpool Could it be that our Greer Quinns are the same and that you had not realised that they were in Liverpool before Susannah emigrated? Did you assume that Greer died in Ireland?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Lyn in Liverpool
    Hi Lyn, how are you related to the Quinn. My name is Steve Owens from Liverpool and my mother was Winifred Quinn of Liverpool and grandfather was John Henry Quinn and G- Grandfather was John Quinn. Are you in Liverpool.
    I know I am related to Jodie Quinn as her grandfather was my grand fathers brother.

Regards

Steve Owens

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Edit on above post. I am related to Joice Quinn. Also I found that Greer Quinn was killed in an accident working on the Emily Flynn ship in Princes dock in Liverpool. An iron bar fell from a height and he died in the workhouse soon after 1863. Sad way to die. I go past Princes dock many times on the way into Liverpool and think what it must have been like. Mersey Street is still there where they had a blacksmiths. It was mentioned by someone that Greer senior lived on Brick Street. I found a reference to them living on New Bird Street which is next to Brick St. This was possibly on the edge of the Time team discovered area / town Called Nova Scotia , when they found the hidden dock. I traced Greer and Susannah Reed back to Newry also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12