Thread: william casey

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default william casey

hi, im trying too find out info on a william casey supposedly born in county mayo in about 1825 ish not sure who his parents were any info whatsoever would be really appreciated

Alan Welsford

Hello Kev,

Tell us what you do know, particularly about where he might have been and when.

At the moment it's not obvious if stayed in Ireland, or whether he left it for somewhere else.

Any other clues that might help ?

Default william casey

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Welsford View Post
    Hello Kev,

Tell us what you do know, particularly about where he might have been and when.

At the moment it's not obvious if stayed in Ireland, or whether he left it for somewhere else.

Any other clues that might help ?
    hi, thanks for the reply the only thing i know about him is that he came too wolverhampton england in the mid 1800s ...kev

janbooth

Default William CASEY

Kev,

Do you have the marriage certificate for Mary CASEY? She married in the June qtr 1885 at Wolverhampton reg district, vol 6b, page 820 and there is a corresponding entry for a John MARTIN. This marriage looks to be the correct one because of the 1891 census for Wolverhampton:

RG12/2234, folio 78, page 11
    6 Bath Street

Mary MARTIN Head Widow 24 Tin Galvanizer Stafford Wolverhampton
    Catherine do Daur 4 do do
    Mary CASEY Mother Widow 57 Ireland

The marriage certificate will give fathers' names and professions for both Mary and John and will definitely (or otherwise) prove back the link to William CASEY and wife Mary. If you already have the marriage certificate, do you have Mary's birth certificate which will give you father's name & profession and mother's maiden name? There is a birth registration of a Mary CASEY in the June qtr 1865 at Wolverhampton reg district vol 6b page 601 which looks as if it could be her. If this gives her mother's maiden name as LALLA/LALLEY, you then know that the marriage registration I gave you in my earlier post is the correct one and can order that marriage certificate which will give you both William and Mary's fathers' names and professions which should then give you more information to search yet further backwards. I think you will need all the help you can get, as I believe a lot of Irish records do not survive due to a blaze at the Records Office. Good luck

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Kev,

Do you have the marriage certificate for Mary CASEY? She married in the June qtr 1885 at Wolverhampton reg district, vol 6b, page 820 and there is a corresponding entry for a John MARTIN. This marriage looks to be the correct one because of the 1891 census for Wolverhampton:

RG12/2234, folio 78, page 11
    6 Bath Street

Mary MARTIN Head Widow 24 Tin Galvanizer Stafford Wolverhampton
    Catherine do Daur 4 do do
    Mary CASEY Mother Widow 57 Ireland

The marriage certificate will give fathers' names and professions for both Mary and John and will definitely (or otherwise) prove back the link to William CASEY and wife Mary. If you already have the marriage certificate, do you have Mary's birth certificate which will give you father's name & profession and mother's maiden name? There is a birth registration of a Mary CASEY in the June qtr 1865 at Wolverhampton reg district vol 6b page 601 which looks as if it could be her. If this gives her mother's maiden name as LALLA/LALLEY, you then know that the marriage registration I gave you in my earlier post is the correct one and can order that marriage certificate which will give you both William and Mary's fathers' names and professions which should then give you more information to search yet further backwards. I think you will need all the help you can get, as I believe a lot of Irish records do not survive due to a blaze at the Records Office. Good luck

Janet
    hi. jan thanks for the reply i have got the marriage cert for mary casey & john martin it states that her father was william casey and that john martins father was a samuel martin , im goin up too order the birth cert for mary casey vol 6b page 601 today i,ll let u know the outcome when it comes back
    if you find any other info please get back too me thanks...kev ps dont know wether u can find a death date for john martin ???

janbooth

Default John MARTIN

Kev,

There are 2 likely death registrations for John - both at Wolverhampton and both in the March qtr 1890:

John MARTIN vol 6b page 46?, aged 33?
    John MARTIN vol 6b page 439 or 429, aged 29

There is also one in the December qtr 1887 at Wolverhampton, vol 6b, page 321, aged 60.

The first two registrations are extremely difficult to read so I would look at them yourself and see what you make of them.

Janet

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

An earlier thread about William, and in which any further queries about William should be posted.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...SEY?highlight=

Two (now closed) threads about William's death
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...sey?highlight=
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...sey?highlight=

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”