Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rellim

Default To Mark re Photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks it worked.

RICARDO

It is strange. My mother had an Uncle Joseph Miller from Australia that would send money to his sister Mary Mildred Miller "Aunt Min" . This money were for Charles Albert Robinson also known as Charlie's two surviving children and and his brother William's children every Christmas. My grand mother Mary Robinson would visit Aunt Min at a Wesleyan orphanage for girls in Saint Ann's Bay Jamaica where she was head. My mother remembers her very vividly. When she died at nearly 100 years old. all contact with Australia was lost. My mother remembers a photo of Uncle Joseph's son who wore a cap and who was said to have died in World War I.

In the 1950's the famous Australian cricket player Keith Ross Miller visted Montego Bay Jamaica and he met with my grand mother on two different occasions inquiring what happened to his cousin Charlie. My great grand mother's name was Margaret Miller. My mother was not in Jamaica during these visits because she moved to Cuba with my senior brother Juan in 1953.
    We did not find out about these visits until two years ago.
    My late Uncle's name was Hugh Noel Robinson, My mother's name is Gertrude Conswalia Robinson. William's children's names were William and Alberta Robinson. Alberta was born blind.

rellim

Hi Ricardo,

Can't say I have ever heard of the name Robinson in my family. Also can't see any connection with Keith Ross Miller.
    I'm sure that my Dad would have mentioned him if he were a relative.
    However you say your G Grandmother's name was Margaret Miller,
    SO, can you find out what her maiden name was? And was she a Jamaican born woman?

Do you have any photos of your Mother's Uncle? If yes, could you post it on this site?

Best wishes,

Charles

RICARDO

Hi Charles,
    My great grand mother was a Miller, she was born in Scotland and they met in England. My Grand father's full name was Charles Albert Robinson and he was called Robbie the bird because of his melodious voice. He was a Saddler who was said to have played the fife. His uncle was named William who was a mariner and he travelled extrensively with him. I have been told that another brother by the name of Albert also traveled extensively even to Australia I have attempted to contact Keith Ross Miller's sons but as of this day I have been unsuccessful. I would like to put a face to uncle Joseph who was very kind and perhaps locate a picture of my grand father who became ill while my mum age 86 was very small.My mum remebers Charlies as tall and having long black hair. She said Charlie carried her on his shoulders everywhere he went and they spent hours together. But when he became hospitalized her mum refused to take her to see him . I would like her to see their faces before she leaves this earth. Charles as far as you know did your grand father have a son that died in World war I?

rellim

Hi again Ricardo,

I am sure we have no direct connection as my grandfather's first son Charles Miller born 1896 in Sydney Australia died in France in 1918.
    GrandDad Joseph A Miller may have had other family - brothers, uncles/aunts etc. livingin Jamaica however I have no knowldege of them, except possible sisters.

Hope you find your connections and photos,

Best wishes,

Charles

RICARDO

Hello Charles,
    Did your Grandfather have sisters by the name of Mary Mildred, Gertrude and Margaret Miller?
    Did Charles die in World War I as a member of Australia's Royal Air force?
    Are there any exisiting photos of him?
    When did J.A. die?
    I know that these are a lot of questions but I would like to assure you that my attempts in finding relatives are purely benevolent.
    Thanks,I must say that this was really interesting.

rellim

Hi Ricardo,
    Sorry I have no info about my grandfather's family outside of the claim that his parents married at St. Anne's Bay, Jamaica.
    My uncle Charles Miller died in France serving in the Australian Army.
    JA died 1939

You may have seen the photo of JA in this thread. 14/4/2008

Best wishes,

Charles

RICARDO

Quote Originally Posted by rellim View Post
    Hi Ricardo,
    Sorry I have no info about my grandfather's family outside of the claim that his parents married at St. Anne's Bay, Jamaica.
    My uncle Charles Miller died in France serving in the Australian Army.
    JA died 1939

You may have seen the photo of JA in this thread. 14/4/2008

Best wishes,

Charles
    Good day Charles,
    By anyway is there a photo of your Uncle Charles? My mum distinctly remembers a photo of her Uncle Josephs son who died in World war II. Charles was also the name of my grand father. The connection with St. Ann's Bay and my mums Uncle Joseph is indeed striking.

rellim

Default Photos

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...es--Dolly3.jpg

Ricardo,
    Hope this photo of Charles has uploaded.

Regards,

Charles

RICARDO

Hello Charles,
    How have you been?
    My e-mail address is RicardoDOTbiltonATgmail.com
    Last edited by christanel; 20-08-2014 at 9:21 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12