Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    little sister

Unhappy Easthope, Dale, Slater, Boatmen

Searching for more information on the following boatmen:

William Henry Easthope, c1830, and son, William Henry Easthope,c1856, born Litchfield?

John Thomas Dale, c1881, possibly Ireland, son of John William Dale, possibly Leigh,Lancs

Isaac Slater, c1831,b. Ilkeston, Derbys
    Last edited by little sister; 28-01-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot something.

kmt123

Default isaac slater

hi hes here

1841 England Census
    about Isaac Slater
    Name: Isaac Slater
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1833
    Where born: Derbyshire, England

Civil Parish: Ilkeston
    Hundred: Morlestone and Litchurch
    County/Island: Derbyshire

Registration district: Basford
    Sub registration district: Ilkeston
    Neighbors: View others on page
    Household Members: Name Age
    William Slater 40
    Mary Slater 40
    Willm Slater 15
    Joseph Slater 14
    Isaac Slater 8
    Martha Slater 20
    Fanny Slater 13
    Thos Blake 25
    Fanny Blake 25
    Thos Blake 2
    Jane Blake 5

kmt123

Default john dale

1891 England Census
    about John T Dale
    Name: John T Dale
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881
    Relation: Son
    Father's Name: John W
    Mother's Name: Elizabeth
    Where born: Dublin, Ireland

Civil Parish: Adlington
    Ecclesiastical parish: Adlington
    Town: Adlington
    County/Island: Lancashire

Registration district: Chorley
    Sub registration district: Rivington
    ED, institution, or vessel: 6
    Neighbors: View others on page
    Household Members: Name Age
    Arthur Dale 6
    Elizabeth Dale 31
    George Dale 4
    John T Dale 10
    John W Dale 29

kmt123

Default dales boat

the dales were on the boat what looks like james

little sister

Question

Thank you for the info, unfortunately I already had these. It is finding some one who has the same Dale family line that I am interested in so that I can compare notes and confirm that they are mine! Thanks very much anyway.

pattie

I have been tracing my maternal family tree which includes Isaac Slaters - senior and junior. They have an interesting history on midland canals.

little sister

I am not sure what I am supposed to do in reply to this. Did you wish to compare info. or just pass yours on? Thanks

pattie

I just wondered if there was any specific information that you required. Isaac Slater Junior was my mother's grandfather and was born in Ilkeston in 1856 and married Sarah Clarke on 30-10-1882. I believe he died in 1916 but cannot be sure about that. He captained a boat called 'Martha and Eliza', possibly named after his mother and sister. His father was Isaac Slater also who was born in West Hallam in 1831. He married Martha Webster on 19-03-1854 and died in 1889. He was captain of the boat 'Two brothers' that as the name implies he ran with his brother. Hope this is of use, I have quite a bit more info should you require it.

little sister

Default Slater info.

Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    I just wondered if there was any specific information that you required. Isaac Slater Junior was my mother's grandfather and was born in Ilkeston in 1856 and married Sarah Clarke on 30-10-1882. I believe he died in 1916 but cannot be sure about that. He captained a boat called 'Martha and Eliza', possibly named after his mother and sister. His father was Isaac Slater also who was born in West Hallam in 1831. He married Martha Webster on 19-03-1854 and died in 1889. He was captain of the boat 'Two brothers' that as the name implies he ran with his brother. Hope this is of use, I have quite a bit more info should you require it.
    Hello Pattie,
    My email is

yjmccully AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

Thanks for the info. My late husband descended from Isaac and Martha via Eliza Ann Slater and Wm Henry Easthope. I may have certs. and info for you too. Regards. Yvonne
    Last edited by Procat; 23-04-2012 at 8:31 AM. Reason: Email edited to try and deter spammers

pattie

Thanks for the info. I found a link to someone who had been following Eliza and Henry's line and printed out quite a lot of data that was useful.
    If you have any certificates that you no longer require I may find them of use. Let me know and if there is any cost.
    Regards, pattie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast