Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by everton_fc View Post
    If anyone can suggest a way for me to start my family tree, albeit with this small amount of data, I'd love to know as I find it fascinating. Thanks!
    I've posted a thread on here , saying how to begin research. Although it is intended for Norfolk, the basic means of researching a family history still applies to those from more exotic climes such as Bath. There are a series of posts, begin with the second message.

everton_fc

Thanks for all your help. I've made some amazing progress and even made contact with a distant relative! Anyway, I've managed to trace back to a Samuel Davis b.1792(ish) who married a Sarah ???? (dont know her surname) and they definately had a son called George b.1820(ish)

I would love to know Sarah's surname and even any details on any other children they had or their parents.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

The International Genealogical Index has a baptism for a George DAVIS, son of Samuel and Sarah DAVIS in Walcott 8 Oct 1820. The entry was submitted by a member of the LDS church and not transcribed from a register, so should be thoroughly checked
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Hello Sam,
    I also have a Davis family from Bath in my tree but unfortunately none of the names are the same as yours.

Just a note of advice for when you start going back in time, be aware that they could not write and therefore were not always able to spell their names. I have found mine both under Davis and Davies

There are quite a few entries on the census indexes for a Samuel born abt 1872, if births in Walcot pop up let me know and I can give you the references.

There is also a birth registration for
    Samuel Davis in Jul-Aug-Sep of 1872 at Bath, Avon Somerset
    5c/656
    Hello I am researching my davis line in walcot at the same time, sarah chaplin and edward davis, they had edward davis and he married jane single. they had edward davis who married jane lester and after her death matilda gough. I just wondered if there was a link atall with your davis tree?

look forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Ben Davis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12