Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    David Annis

Hello Janet
    Welcome to the forum.
    I think you have got everything spot on.
    Ann Palfrey 1799. I have found so far that Ann has also got another brother and sister.
    Jane Palfrey b 1804
    James Palfrey. b 1806
    As there is a big gap between 1799 and 1816 the chances are that there are a few more little Palfrey's as well.
    As a matter of interest the Palfrey is an old Pershore name.
    The family still live in Pershore to this day, carrying on the family trade of being bakers.
    An old fishing pal of mine is a Palfrey and he is a baker.
    Contact me by private message if you need any help.
    Cheers
    Dave.

David Annis

Whoops. Just spotted your thread about the Palfrey family. You knew already that they are bakers.
    I have Thomas Palfrey and Phebe Collins.
    Thomas's father I have down as Thomas Palfrey 1773 and is married to a Sarah.
    Something you may not know is that the name Collins is one othe oldest of Pershore names going back into the tudor period.
    Cheers
    Dave.

David Annis

Hi Janet.
    I have just updated the Palfrey family and filled in a lot of information from a very good source.
    Cheers.
    Dave

Janet M

Hi Dave
    Thanks for all the information. I am not sure how to go about contacting you by private message perhaps you can fill me in with information on how to go anout this.
    Ann Palfrey had a sister Sarah 1801-1811, James 1806-33 ,Jane 1804, Phoebe 1808 (married Joseph Cottrell) they had some different names for their children--Cornelius, Compton, Charles and Helen (not the usual Thomas or James !!) Phoebe had a sister called Elizabeth 1810 and then my great great Grandfather Thomas Palfrey born 1816 who married a Jane Allies
    Thanks once again
    Janet

Janet M

Hi Dave
    Have you got a Sarah Workman down as married to Thomas
    Janet

David Annis

I have Thomas Palfrey (b 1773) marrying Pebe Collins (b 1778) in 1797. Pershore.
    This Thomas had a father also called Thomas who was married to a Sarah. Births deaths and marriage dates I have not got for these two.

Thomas and Pebe children.
    Ann Palfrey. (married Solomon Annis) 1799
    Jane Palfrey. 1804
    James Palfrey. 1806
    Phebe Palfrey. 1808
    Elizabeth Palfrey. 1810
    Thomas Palfrey. 1816.
    Sarah is a new one I have to add on to the list.
    Cheers
    Dave.

David Annis

Blast.
    Pheobe not pebe or phebe.
    Its late, brain in neutral.
    Dave.

JClarke

Default New to the Annis name

Hi
    I recently found the connection between the Clarke's of Pershore & the Annis name.

I would be grateful for any help in unravelling the mystery.

Who was John Woollams 1877-1883 parents?

What was Jane born 1827 maiden name?

I have Phobe Woollams marrying James William Clarke in 1886 & Nellie Woollams marrying William James Clarke in 1908.

William James Clarke is James William Clarke's son. & Nellie Wollams is Phobe's brother William's daughter

James William Clarke is my Great Grandfathers brother & would be interested in any family history or photos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

John Bennett

Default Clarke/Woollams

John

Phoebe Woollams and James William Clarke are my grey grandparents. I have a copy of a studio photo of each.

Have not found parentage of John. He is entered as grandson in 1881. have not been able to locate or interpret ' Stafford, Harason'?

I suppose looking at where John & Jane's children of procreating age in c. 1876/7 might help. Haven't found a registered birth of family Search baptism.

I believe Jane's maiden name to be Gould (m. Pershore Nov. 1849). I have the entry detail transcribed.

William and Nellie's daughter Nellie married Charles Irlam manchester area. I may still have an Irlam descendant contact.

If you wan't to contact to share information email me on john-bennett {at} ntlworld.com.

P.S. A lot of Phoebe and James children lived to good ages. My gran died almost 98. We have to hope have the genes!

John
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 31-03-2014 at 6:21 PM. Reason: We don't allow active emails to be shown on the open forums - we don't want to attract spambots, etc. Use the pm system

Hi
    I have just been looking at Solomon Annis born 1799.

I can find him in the 1851 & 1871 UK Censuses but not the 1861, I did however find a Johnson Annis born 1800 with Emma as a daughter & Ellen a Granddaughter! in Crow Row pershore in 1861.

Thanks for your thoughts.

John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234