Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    David Annis

Default The Annis Family of Pershore.

Hello all. This is my first time on this site and my first week of searching for my family history. I'm amazed at what is on record. I have found out bits and pieces just by searching the internet and finding oddments even on American sites. So now I'm hooked I must find out more about the Annis family and who is related to who. Luckly we are all related one way or another in Pershore. My fathers father and mother lived in Priest Lane, they had 14 children so I am told,not all survived and one brother drowned in the avon at about the age of 12yrs. The earliest reference I have found and this I picked up of the internet was a James Annis,baptised 1829 and burried 1862.
    If you have any bits of info you would like to share with me I would be grateful. Dave

jeeb

Smile Annis

Hi Dave,

Welcome to this forum and the wonderful hobby of genealogy.

1881 census
    ref RG11/3033 Folio 15 page 21
    Nechelle, Aston, Birmingham
    Thomas Annis 28 Gas Stoker
    Elizabeth wife 31
    Elizabeth H dau 8
    Frederick son 1

All born Pershore, Worcestershire.

Jeremy

David Annis

Default Oh great news

Cheers Jeremy.
    So far I have 19 male Annis's from 1829 upwards and 15 female Annis from 1831 upwards. Your findings will fit in there somewhere. One thing I have noticed was we Annis never strayed to far away from different christian names. They seemed to mix and match certain names all the way through. At the moment I seem to be the first David, damit.
    Cheers Dave.

David Annis

Default Yep there he is

Thomas Annis. Born 1853. Which would make him 28 in 1881. So one of us escaped to Birmingham. That means there are going to be a few round Brum to find now.Hell.
    Cheers. Dave

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    Cheers Jeremy.
    So far I have 19 male Annis's from 1829 upwards and 15 female Annis from 1831 upwards. Your findings will fit in there somewhere.
    Cheers Dave.
    Hi Dave,
    Yes Thomas is the son of Solomon & Ann Annis of Holy Cross but I won't spoil any more of your research unless you ask. We are close neighbours actually, I only live 6 miles from Pershore.

Cheers Jeremy

jeeb

Wink Don't all stay put!

Thomas Annis. Born 1853. Which would make him 28 in 1881. So one of us escaped to Birmingham. That means there are going to be a few round Brum to find now.Hell.
    Cheers. Dave
    Yeap afraid so and by 1901 some had spread their wings in different directions too!

Jeremy

David Annis

Default UNBELIEVABLE

There is someone looking for a Woolhams of Pershore. I have found a reference to Thomas Annis in the USA of all places. It says that Thomas Annis aged 28 married an Elizabeth Woolhams,aged 31, of Pershore.
    It shows them living in Birmingham and they have 2 children. Elizabeth H, aged 8 and Frederick aged 1.
    And this is just my first day here.
    Cheers. Dave

David Annis

Default Soloman

I have found a Solomon born 1850 and another 1880. This must be a new Annis to add to the list.
    Ps. If they have had tv in those days half of us would not be here now.
    Cheers. Dave

jeeb

Smile

There is someone looking for a Woolhams of Pershore. I have found a reference to Thomas Annis in the USA of all places. It says that Thomas Annis aged 28 married an Elizabeth Woolhams,aged 31, of Pershore.
    It shows them living in Birmingham and they have 2 children. Elizabeth H, aged 8 and Frederick aged 1.
    And this is just my first day here.
    Cheers. Dave
    This is the family I found for you in 1881. The marriage is recorded at Aston in 1872 although both bride & groom originate from Pershore and both children are registered born Pershore.

If you want a clue, a Solomon Annis brought the name to Pershore, he orginates from Gloucestershire.

The person looking for the Woolhams of Pershore is John Bennett and he has not posted on this forum for over three years so is unlikely to reply.

Jeremy

David Annis

Default Oh great

So we Annis's migrated from Gloucestershire, what ever next. There was a rumour that Annis's worked in the palaces in London as servants and footmen. Also darkly that we were soldiers of fortune (pirates) if only that were true.
    Mind you finding a rich, living relative would be usefull'
    Cheers. Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast